14

mark felt sick. not only because of the expired pickles, but also because there was a chance that the jackson wang was going to talk to he, mark tuan.

he wanted to socialize with the other, but in reality he knew all too well that it wouldn't go as he would like it to.

he wanted very much to be able to have a decent conversation with him, but he was just too awkward.

it was going to happen whether he liked it or not, and he couldn't stop that. well, he could, but he couldn't skip every day of work for extended periods of time, and avoid going out at all costs over one conversation.

that would be ridiculous.

mark at the moment was sitting at his door, mentally preparing himself for the moment when the other spoke to him. he closed his eyes and counted to ten, hoping that it would calm him down. it always did.

today, however, wasn't like all other days. it hadn't worked. he was out of luck. he didn't have any more time to calm himself down, as it was 12:32, and he had 3 minutes to get down stairs.

he quietly opened his door and locked it, before going to the elevator. he pressed the button, and waited. he was almost certain that he would be alone in the elevator. that was, until he heard another door click open. then shut.

he panicked, he prayed that is wasn't who he thought it was.

suddenly, a voice came from next to him.

"himynameisjacksonandyou'readorablemaybeyouwouldwannahangoutsometimeorsomethingidon'tknow."

mark's worried thoughts stopped as he nervously responded, "of course, i would love to.". now was the time. he wasn't worried anymore.

"i'm..." mark hesitated, "i'm mark."

jackson's nervous smile faded. "mark?" a new, happy one surfaced. jackson could tell by the look on mark's face, it was him. "mark!"