25

after the two left the diner, they were off to a bookstore called 'sarang bookstore & café'. mark had never been to the place; only walked and drove by.

the two had a drive full of rapping and almost tone-deaf like singing. it started with bts cypher 4, which both mark and jackson knew every word to, and then it turned to weewoo by pristin.

by the end of weewoo, the car ride was over. the two got out of the car, and walked into the dimly-lit building.

it was two stories, the first level being mostly the café, and a small staircase going up to what the two assumed was the bookstore. mark looked around the almost aesthetic looking place, observing the details of the possible workplace.

the walls were a cream-beigeish color, and the floors were dark oak. the reading area looked cozy and oddly picturesque. the walls were lined with american records from the 70's and 80's, and the windowsills were lined with cacti of different shapes and colors. there was an asortment of seating options, but mainly couches and a few reclining chairs for reading. there was a large coffee table on the middle of all the seating, which had vintage magazines and a small centerpiece which was also a cactus.

as the older stood staring at the area, jackson walked up to the counter and got the attention of an employee, who directed the two to the manager's office. the employee's name was zoie. she had short, light brown-gingerish hair and circular glasses. her eyes were happy, and she had a nice smile which was covered by braces.

"good luck..." the girl trailed off.

"mark. his name is mark." jackson responded.

he nodded, and she shook his hand. she seemed nice.

the boys waited outside the manager's door for about 10 minutes before a short, older woman walked out. she was pretty fashion forward, wearing ripped, light washed jeans and an adidas t-shirt.

"hello boys. come in!" she said, smiling at the two.

the three walked in, and sat down.

"my name is kim chojin, but you guys can call me mrs. kim, grandma kim, whatever you feel like." she said, with a warm smile. "now who's applying today?"

mark raised his hand slightly.

"me. hello, my name is mark." he answered soft-spokenly.

"hi sweetie. who's this?" she asked, nodding towards jackson.

"ah," mark started. "this is my... boyfriend. his name is jackson."

mrs. kim smiled. "hello jackson. how are you?"

"i'm wonderful, mrs. kim, what about you?" he answered.

"i'm over the moon, now that i've got a new employee. mark, when can you start?"