Chapter Three

Viewer turnout continues to impress me hour by hour! Keep reading and I'll keep writing ;)

Chapter Three

"Can't you just make up a seating chart that has him sitting as far away from me as possible?" I beg Mr. Duncan after Hayden decided to sit next to me again. Once is annoying, but two times is simply insufferable.

At this point I think he's doing it to bother me, because I don't really hide the fact that I'm not his biggest fan.

Mr. Duncan shrugs as he walks around the room to clean up the art supplies my class left scattered about. "You know that's not the way I do things."

"Duncan!" I whine, giving him my best puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

He gives me a flat look and I huff, crossing my arms.

"Look, just ignore him if you really don't want him talking to you." He suggests, wiping up leftover paint from a table.

"You think I haven't tried that?"

"Okay, then ask him to move seats."

"That would be mean."

He turns and looks at me with confusion. "Reagan. You don't like him and you talk about him behind his back... How is asking him to move mean compared to what you already do?"

I roll my eyes, "You're old, so you don't get it."

Mr. Duncan stops what he's doing and narrows his dark blue eyes at me, his dirty blonde eyebrows creating a confused 'v.' "Did you just call me old?"

I freeze when I realize that's exactly what I did and give him a sheepish smile. "No?"

He sighs and goes back to cleaning. "I don't know what to tell you, Reagan. Maybe he will end up being nicer than you thought."

"You're no help." I grumble.

"You want help, go to the school counsellor." He says, and I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm leaving." I announce, uncrossing my arms and walking towards the door.

"Bye!" He calls after me, and I just lift my hand and give a sarcastic wave. I would have loved to give him the finger, but no matter how comfortable I feel around him he's still a teacher and I'm only a student.

I start my walk towards my locker, and almost get rammed into by an underclassman as I round the corner to go down the stairs.

"Sorry!" He calls over his shoulder as he continues to rush towards his class.

I blow some air out of my nose and start to walk downstairs, opening my locker as soon as I get to it. I glance down the hall while switching out my books, a little disappointed to see no letter flying out. I hadn't entirely expected one, because that would mean he sent me three in one week. I'm used to maybe one per week, the two he's given me have already come as a shock.

As I glance down the hall, I see Hayden at his locker with yet another girl. This time the unfortunate soul is Olivia Scott.

I used to be friends with her, actually. In middle school she and I hung out on occasion and she came to one of my birthday's, but then she became popular and started hanging with a different crowd.

It's not like she and I had some major breakup and now hate one another because we come from different friend groups, we just drifted apart. I have a past with a lot of people at this school. Everyone does. That doesn't mean I have some major, book worthy backstory with all of them.