Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

"So this is your new room?" Hayden asks as I flick the light on and drop my backpack on the floor.

We came over to my dad's new apartment after school so that I could give him the grand tour. It's not like there's much to really show; it's just a two bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen.

My room is nothing special. It's smaller than a dorm room, light gray walls, a double bed in the corner with a dark blue bedspread and a small desk across from it. I don't have any posters up or anything to really call it mine yet.

"It's kinda bland," he comments.

I roll my eyes, "I'm only here a few days a week and it's only been two weeks. I haven't had much time to decorate."

He sits on the bed and I see him smirk. "Well the bed is comfortable. Is it new?"

I cross my arms and nod, "Yeah."

He winks at me, "Wanna break it in?"

"Get out."

He laughs and reaches forward to grab my arms and uncross them, efficiently using them to pull my towards him so that I stand between his legs. He stares up at me with a smile and settles his hands on my waist.

"I was joking Cupcake," he says. He takes my hand and lifts it to his lips before he places a gentle kiss on the top of it. "There's no rush for that stuff."

I pull away from him and sit at the head of the bed, grabbing my sketchbook and settling it in my lap.

Hayden grins and leans forward to see what I'm drawing.

"What are you drawing?" He asks.

I look at him, "You."

His brows shoot up and he smiles, "Me?"

I bite my lip and nod. He clearly hasn't shaved in a few days, because I can see small stubble filling in on his chin, following his sharp jawline. But the stubble is dark black like his hair and it accentuates his eyes like nothing before, and his dark red button down helps.

"Cupcake I don't know if you'll be able to capture the full essence of me on paper. I mean my jawline is just too perfect to capture-"

I cut him off by placing the pencil on his lips.

"Just shut up and look at me," I laugh.

He smirks, "Gladly."

I scan his facial features; his chiseled chin, prominent cheek bones, sharp jawline, dark eyebrows, plump lips, bright eyes... I place my pencil down on the paper and my experience takes over. I'm able to keep him quiet and look at me for all of five minutes before he speaks up.

"Cupcake this isn't going to work."

I set my pencil down and sigh, "Why not?"

"Because the more I stare at you the more I want to kiss you."

I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks, but I don't attempt to hide it.

"Oh," I say.

Hayden reaches his hand out to brush some hair from my face and rests his palm on my cheek.

"You're so beautiful Reagan," he says, his eyes gently scanning every inch of my face.

I gulp and smile sheepishly.

"It's different to hear in person rather than on paper," I admit quietly.

He smiles softly, "How so?"

"Hearing it come from you gives it more meaning."

He smiles and sits up so that he can come closer. "I'll read every letter to you then Cupcake."

My eyes flit down to his lips as he gets closer and I can't look away from them.

"There are a lot," I say.

"I know."

"It will take a long time."

"More time to spend with you."

"It won't get you laid."

"Worth a shot."

I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

"I'm joking," he says.

"You ruined the moment," I whine.

He quirks a brow and smirks. "I can make it happen again."

"No, it's ruined forev-"

Before I can finish my sentence, he lightly pushes me back and gets on top of me. He brushes my bangs from my face and starts to softly brush his fingers through my hair.

"I love you," he says, resting his nose on mine as his eyes dart to my lips. "I'm going to love you in your weakest moments to your strongest ones. I'm going to love you when you're happy and I'm going to love you when you're sad," he whispers. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

I nod my head, "Yeah, okay. Moment is back."

He chuckles and leans down to kiss me, his smile morphing into mine. His lips meet mine and in an instant the tender kiss turns into more as he presses his lips harder onto mine. I run my hands up and down his back before tangling them into his hair. He tugs on my bottom lip and then attacks my lips again.

"Reagan! Are you home?"

I snap my eyes open at the sound of my dads voice and shove Hayden off of me, and he quickly runs his hands through his hair to get it back to normal and hops off of my bed. He quickly sits down on the floor and picks up my precalc book and starts flipping through it.

"Yeah, that makes sense. As x approaches y- oh, hey Mr. Holt!" He acts, smiling up at my father.

I have to give him props, that was smooth. A little cheesy, but he played it off well.

My dad sees Hayden and raises a brow while crossing his arms. "Reagan, you didn't tell me Hayden was coming."

I scratch the back of my neck sheepishly, "Sorry."

He sighs and glances at Hayden. "I like you Hayden," then he directs his attention to me, "but I don't want him in your room when I'm not home."

I shake my head, "We were only doing homework dad it's not that big a deal."

My dad smirks and turns to walk away, but not before getting in his last remark. "I never knew math homework could get someone so... excited."

My eyes widen and I snap them over to Hayden and see all the blood drained out of his face. He slowly glances down at himself and I do too.

Shit.

He quickly looks back up and closes his eyes tight, pulling at his pants while letting out an embarrassed groan.

"I can never face your dad again."

Vote! Comment! Don't hold back ;)