Chapter Twenty Three

I still would love to receive covers!!

Chapter Twenty Three

"Alright, instead of me posing for that drawing," Hayden starts with a teasing smile, "how about we watch a movie? Netflix and chill?"

I grab the pillow placed next to me and hit him in the head with it for his seemingly endless innuendos.

He winces with a laugh and I throw the pillow back next to me, scowling at him.

"Come on Cupcake, that was a funny!"

I roll my eyes and cross my arms embarrassingly. "Just put the damn movie in," I mutter.

Doing as I requested, Hayden stands up and walks the short distance to his enormous T.V. fit for a movie theater. He squats down and starts sorting through an arrangement of DVD's he has, extending across the bottom of the TV.

Bruce and Angel crawl over to him and try to distract him, nudging his hand with their noses.

I watch as he chuckles and starts petting the two of them, his hands scratching behind their ears and eventually their stomachs as they roll over. My eyes trail his body; from his muscled arms to his broad and protective build... He really is utterly sexy, it's not fair to be honest. 

"You in the mood for any particular genre?" He asks, glancing at me over his shoulder.

"Zootopia!" Elliot yells as he comes running downstairs, literally out of nowhere.

He launches himself onto the couch next to me, and nearly misses if it weren't for my arms jutting out to pull him onto the sofa instead of falling short.

"That isn't a genre," I tease.

"Alright, Zootopia it is. Good choice little man," Hayden winks, finding it easily and putting it into the DVD player. "However, you are in my seat."

Elliot sticks his tongue out at his older brother, "Find a new one."

"Oh you're so going to get it now," he growls playfully.

Hayden raises a brow and stands up, walking back towards the couch. He puts his hands out, making a face at Elliot that has him giggling and trying to backup further into the couch. Hayden reaches down and scoops him up effortlessly, whereas my arms almost fell off upstairs when I tried to help Elliot reach the top shelf of the pantry.

He lifts Elliot up and has him squealing as Hayden sits back down in his original seat, placing Elliot in his lap and instantly tickling him.

"Find a new one, eh?" He asks, smiling and laughing as Elliot giggles and struggles to escape his hands.

"I-I was kid-kidding!" He exclaims through his laughter.

Hayden chuckles and stops tickling him, and Elliot tries to catch his breath while still letting a few giggles escape. Elliot rolls over and sits on the opposite side of Hayden, and Angel trots towards the couch to lay on him.

A part of my heart was fluttering watching Hayden mess around with his little brother. He's so cocky and arrogant at school and around his friends, so it's nice to see the childish and playful side of him come out around his brother.

He has a different smile and a different laugh reserved for his brother- a lighter and more carefree laughter than when he's around Cole.

"You ever seen this movie, Cupcake?" Hayden asks, placing his arms around the back of the couch.

"Who hasn't?" I ask, placing my feet on the ottoman.

He smiles, "Good point."

Bruce stands up with a low grunt and walks towards me, his feet loud on the hardwood floor. He leaps onto the leather couch next to me and rests his head on my lap.

As the movie starts, Elliot starts commentating during the whole thing, which under any other circumstance would be annoying but Elliot made it utterly adorable and amusing.

Eventually, he started to get tired since it's not necessarily early and falls asleep cuddled up with Angel with his head snuggled into Hayden's side.

He looks really comfortable, and soon Hayden reaches for a blanket and drapes it over his brother. I yawn as well, the stressful week at school and the time catching up to me.

"Don't you fall asleep too," Hayden says quietly.

I'm too exhausted to talk, so instead I close my eyes and shake my head, denying the action. "I won't," I mumble out.

Hayden chuckles and next thing I know, a soft blanket gets draped over me. "Sure you won't," he whispers.

I vaguely feel my head falling to the side, resting on Hayden's shoulder, and then I fall asleep.

---

"I don't know man, I'm not ready to do that yet," I distantly hear Hayden's voice. He pauses for a few moments before speaking up again. "How do you know that?" He pauses again. "Yeah, she's here."

I feel myself coming to and slowly blink my eyes open. Remembrance of falling asleep next to Hayden floods into my brain and I lift my head from the softly strong pillow I was using. As I lift my head, I realize that pillow was actually Hayden's shoulder and I rub the sleep from my eyes.

He's on the phone with someone, but when I start to wake up he tells whoever was on the other line, most likely Cole, that he has to go and puts his phone down.

"Morning Cupcake," he winks. "Did you know you snore?"

I'm still exhausted, but I'm awake enough to blush profusely. "No I don't," I say.

He chuckles, "No, you don't. But you do mumble things in your sleep. Unintelligible, but something nonetheless."

Oh god.

I run my fingers through my hair and glance around, "What time is it?"

He checks his phone, "Almost 12."

I groan, "And you didn't wake me? My parents are going to kill me, my curfew on school nights is 10..."

He grimaces, "Shit, sorry about that. You just looked so comfortable," he winks, "all cuddled up to me. I don't blame you, I've been told I make a comfortable pillow."

I roll my eyes, "By who?"

He smirks, "Elliot of course, who else?"

I snort, "Right, it's not like you're a player or anything." 

He raises a brow, "When was the last time you saw me with a girl other than you?"

I open my mouth to find an easy response, but no names come to mind. As a matter of fact, since him and I started hanging out a month ago I can't recall him sneaking around with any girls...

"I rest my case," Hayden muses when I don't respond. He stands up and delicately picks up Elliot- still fast asleep with the blanket snuggled around him. "Now come on, I can't have you getting in trouble on my account."

I sigh, "Too late."

I'm in deep trouble. Both from being late getting home, and having escalating feelings for Hayden.

Vote! Comment! Don't hold back ;)