Chapter Twenty Eight

Go check out the contest on my profile- it's a book on my profile titled "My Very Own Fairy-tale" I seriously recommend looking at the contest- you all are eligible!!

Chapter Twenty Eight

My head is about to explode.

All night all I have been thinking about is Hayden, Noah, and my letters. I have potentially three guys that I have serious feelings about, one of which is a cocky player, the other is one of the sweetest guys I know, and the third is absolutely anonymous and head over heels for me.

I've been reading through all of my letters, which proved to be a bad idea because now I'm even more in love with the letters and whoever wrote them. Yet as soon as I finished every letter and was high on a feeling of euphoria, I started to feel guilty about liking Hayden and Noah.

How am I in a love triangle with myself? I'm stuck between Hayden, Noah, and my anonymous lover- and I know that the third should be the one I end up with.

To clear my head of these unforgiving thoughts, I decide to walk Bruce and Angel, even if they don't want to. They're both fast asleep since it's almost midnight, but I want to walk outside and there is no way in hell I'm going out there alone.

"Bruce! Angel!" I whisper shout, nudging them with my toes.

They both groan and roll over just far enough to be out of my reach and I huff. I get out from under my covers and crawl over to them, laying on my stomach next to them. I play with Angel's ears and cause her to blow an annoyed breath from her nose, but she opens her eyes.

"Good girl," I smile, kissing her nose. "Now help me wake up Bruce."

She rolls over and nudges his head with her nose, but he growls and snaps at her. She lays her head down with a whimper.

"Bruce Theodore Holt!" I scold, smacking his butt.

He groans and lifts his head with annoyed eyes, but I continue to glare at him. "Don't you dare growl at your girlfriend." He lays his head back down with a guilty whine and nudges Angel apologetically.

"Good boy," I smile, kissing the top of his head. "Now come on you two, let's go for a walk."

They both give me looks as if to ask "Really? Right now?" but they hop off of my bed nonetheless and let me leash them up and walk outside.

The fresh midnight air hits me in waves and clears my senses, allowing me to let my mind loose and relax from my anxiety-ridden thoughts. I take it all in as Bruce and Angel bound down the steps and onto the sidewalk, their noses to the ground as they smell all the freshly laid markings from the day.

We walk and I take in the serenity of the quiet night. The moon is illuminated against the dark night sky, and the sky is filled with stars.

Everything is quiet, until a large, jacked-up pickup truck comes blaring down the road, going way past the speed limit. His headlights bounce up and down as he speeds down the road, hitting every pothole there is. I can hear his music from here, and it's evident he's under the influence of something as he swerves along the road.

But then he suddenly goes off course and starts driving towards the sidewalk.

Right at me.

It happens in slow motion.

I start to jump out of the way, but before I even move my feet, Bruce comes running towards me and knocks me out of the truck's path.

But he doesn't get out of the way in time.