Nobody

Class ended one day as they were in the middle of a conversation. She sighed and rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "Walk with me, we can finish."

"Okay, cool," she nodded. They walked up the stairs talking back and forth in almost feverish voices, and in their rush to get to class, Ophelia ran straight into someone. "Oh my god, I'm sorry," she said. "I really wasn't looking where I was going."

"No, it's fine, don't worry about it," the stranger said. He had the kind of voice that makes a person feel like they're sinking slowly into a state of relaxed intoxication, and hits you with such a lack of intensity you've never felt before that you feel your heartbeat slow, and your breaths deepen.

"Ophelia, this is Patrick," Damon said. "He's my best friend. Patrick, this is Ophelia. She pretty much saved my ass in English."

"Hi," he smiled. "You wouldn't believe how much he talks about you."

"Patrick!" Damon said, embarrassed. Ophelia laughed in spite of herself, and just as she caught her breath, the bell rang.

"I should get to class," she groaned. "It was nice to meet you." She turned reluctantly away and began to leave.

"Hey, wait!" Damon called.

"Yeah?"

"Maybe we could trade numbers, and talk some more later."

She walked back. "About what?"

He shrugged. "Well, I figured I could spam you with more random questions."

She laughed. "Okay, sure." She gave him her number, and he said he'd text her. "Bye, you two."

"Later," Damon waved.

"Goodbye, Miss Hathaway," Patrick's voice called. Ophelia laughed as she walked away.

"Who's Miss Hathaway?" Damon asked.

"Never mind," Patrick smiled. "It's nothing, just a joke."