1:// Present Day

Above is the song that inspired.

I laugh freely, bringing the bottle to my lips.

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" the crowd cheers. I finish it off, shutting my eyes tight against the burn in my throat, and set the vodka bottle on the table, raising a fist and pumping it in the air. Cheers erupt, and someone pulls me to them, and smashes their lips on mine.

Ah, Red.

Red Wilder is what he goes by. He's a sexy man indeed, and happens to be my current fling. I pull away and tap his chest twice.

"Ah ah ah." I say lightly. "No more for tonight." I whisper in his ear. He pulls me against him.

"Come on, Lai. Live a little. It's what you go by." he replies huskily. I sigh, and push him into the nearest bathroom.

"You're lucky you know me."

This is my life.

Used to be opposite.

But now, I drink, smoke, ride a motorcycle, have flings, live the life a lot of people.

That is until they found me.

.
.
.

"I don't care. Just get it done." my boss says. I sigh.

"Don't worry. I'll have your pictures of the lakeside soon." I mutter, pulling on my shoes. I work at a small photographing company. And right now, I happen to be a day late on my latest job. I roll my eyes when he hangs up rudely.

I make my way outside, camera over my neck, keys in hand. I pull on my helmet and climb on my motor bike. I turn on the radio and pull out, not even knowing I was being watched that day. I hum to myself, and park in the honey store lot. I see people in the store look over, get disappointed faces, but continue to watch. I pull off the helmet and shake out my hair, and their faces turn to shock.

What the hell?

I ignore it and climb off, taking out my keys swiftly, leaving my black helmet on the bike and going inside.

"Laila! Finally!" the man behind the counter says. A smile washes over my face.

"Hey Zachary." I say and throw him a ten. He gets out my honey quickly, and hands it to me. I prop myself up on the counter top, and swing my legs over, getting behind the desk. "Typical Saturday?" I ask lightly, sitting on a stool and eating.

"I could ask you the same." he states blankly.

"Same old, same old." I reply, giving a sad smile.

"I don't get it... If you miss them so bad, then why not contact them and go back? You have a huge stack of letters waiting to be given to your father and brother, even some for your sisters." he states. I shrug.

"I don't plan on going back. I don't plan sending out those letters either. I may be 17 and naive, but I'm not stupid." I say. "I don't need to be tracked down." I say. He sighs. "Plus, those letters to my sisters are just informing them of how big of bitches they are and everything they do wrong in life. Another plus, that fucking bitch of a mother." I say with a smile.

"Okay, what about the letters you've written to that Ashton guy I hear of. He an ex-lover?" he asks curiously. I laugh.

"No, he's my brother's friend, you idiot. God, not every guy I know I happen to have slept or sleeping with." I say humour coating my tone.

"Well.." he trails off, his voice raising a pitch. "Okay. Only every guy you know that resides here." he says.

"No. We haven't slept together. Unless your saying you want to. I'd be down. In fact, invite your coworker. We'll make it a 3-way. She's hot." I say with wicked smile. We both laugh freely, knowing that'll never happen. I finish off my honey and throw away the little bowl. "I gotta go. Duty calls." I say, standing.