10//: I'm still going to be here, you know that, right?

"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor."

-Geaorge Carlin

.

.

.

"Are you following me?" I ponder as Ashton walks quietly behind me down the hall. "Good boys don't skip school. Bad girls do. What will they think?"

"What do you mean?" Ashton asks with a slightly irritated tone.

"Well, they'll say I'm a bad influence." I speak as he suddenly finds his way in front of me. I stop walking as he refuses to move.

"I don't care." He angrily spits. I raise an eyebrow. "I don't care if they think you're a bad influence. Or if they think you are no good. I'm still going to be here, you know that, right? I don't care."

I smile at him, a warm feeling fluttering through my chest before I cover it up with a sarcastic smirk.

"Don't I get a say? Don't I get to say that I don't want them to think that? I don't want them to think I'm good, either. I'm not. I'm bad news, Ashton. You know that, right? I don't want them to say your going to go bad because of me, because I'll be gone too soon for that to even happen. But I am a bad influence." I tell him, looking anywhere but his face, terrified of what he could do. To me as a person.

He shakes his head, clearly brushing off what I'd just said.

"So where are we going?" He asks. I sigh.

"Lux. My favorite club."

.

.

.

"You think that you'll die without him
You know that's a lie that you tell yourself
You fear that you lay alone forever now
It ain't true, ain't true, ain't true, no"

I sway my hips as I sing. Ashton watches me from his seat, looking as if he's entranced, watching me intensely as I sing and dance with the other dancers on stage.

So put your arms around me tonight
Let the music lift you up like you've never been so high
Open up your heart to me
Let the music lift you up like you've never been this free
'Til you feel the sunrise
Let the music warm your body like the heat of a thousand fires
The heat of a thousand fires

Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
Let the beat carry 'way your tears as they fall baby
Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club

You may think that you'll die without her
But you know that's a lie that you told yourself
You fear that you'll never meet another so pure
But it ain't true, ain't true, ain't true, no

So put your arms around me tonight
Let the music lift you up like you've never been so high
Open up your heart to me
Let the music lift you up like you've never been this free
'Til you feel the sunrise
Let the music warm your body like the heat of a thousand fires
The heat of a thousand fires

Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
Let the beat carry 'way your tears as they fall baby
Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club

You think that you'll die without him
You know that's a lie that you tell yourself
You fear that you lay alone forever now
It ain't true, ain't true, ain't true, no

I said ain't no (ain't no)
Ain't no crying
Ain't no crying in the club, no crying
I said ain't no (ain't no)
Ain't no crying
Ain't no crying in the club, no crying

Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
Let the beat carry 'way your tears as they fall baby
Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I

Ain't no crying in the club (ain't no crying, no crying, no crying, no)
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club (ain't no crying, no crying, no crying, no)
I won't, I won't, I
Ain't no crying in the club"

Cheers erupt and people high five me. A guy slickly hands me his number. I smirk and slide it into my bra. I walk off the stage and approach Ashton, who holds out his hand. I roll my eyes but give him the number. He rips it in half. I sit at a stool and pat the one beside me for him to sit at. He sits cautiously.

"Have you ever gotten drunk, Ashton?" I ask curiously. He shakes his head, a blush creeping up his neck. "Do you want to get drunk? Just to find out what it's like." I tell him. He studies my features a minute before nodding. I smile and order a round of 6 shots.

"How many can you drink on your own?" He asks curiously. "Like how many have you drank before, like, what's your high score?" He asks.

"You don't want to know." I mutter while sliding his three to his side, and my three to my side. I pick up my first, and down it. Second. Third. Order of a club soda.

Ashton stares at me as if shocked over the fact that I was totally emotionless just then. I point at his shots. He picks up his first slowly, before tipping it back. I cheer him on as his face turns as if he'd eaten a lemon. His eyes shoot open finally. He laughs and picks up another. I sip on my club soda as he tips back his last one.

The familiar buzzing takes over my skin slowly as he starts explaining how he feels alive.

"Tell me more about you, Ashton." I request as I put my elbow on the counter and my chin on my knuckles.

Well, I'd had learned a bit about Ashton. Now, the next day later, I'm standing at his doorway in a pair of cotton shorts and a sports bra, a tray of foods and over-the-counter medicine for him.

Chill, we didn't hook up.

"Thanks, Lai.. Hey, I had a question." He says I nod and am about to walk out to leave him be. I turn back around and he pats the bed beside him. I sit by his leg. "Yesterday you said you won't be staying long enough?" He says questioningly.

"Even if I don't stay.. Everything will be okay." I sing quietly to myself.

"Stop quoting that song by G-Eazy and Kehlani and be for real." He mutters. I look up at him, genuinely shocked to hear that he listens to them. "Come on, just tell me. After all, I got drunk for you." He says seriously, making me quietly laugh once.

"As soon as I'm legal, I'm gone." I whisper, looking at the floor. "I can't be here. I can't go to this high-class school and act like I belong, or sit there by my sisters and once again act like I belong. Truth is, I've never belonged. Not in anyone's eyes, and it was seen too. I'm just a tumblr girl with a skinny waist and drug habits." I smile slightly as I say it. He smiles too.

"Where do you plan on going?" He asks.

"What, so you can come save me and convince me to come back?" I ask teasingly.

"Yes." He says seriously.

"Well, that really sucks for you, because the second I turn 18 it's goodbye."

------------------

I love all of the song references here lmao

The song said is Crying In The Club by Camilla Cabello.

I'll be updating As We Are as soon as possible but my keyboard on my laptop broke so I gotta zayn and steal my moms or my brothers or something like rn

XoXo

-Elisia