20:// The Bad Ones

Wowowow this book is almost done

.

I pour the vodka halfway into the cuo, before pouring the rest in orange juice. I hide the vodka before taking my cup and placing it to my lips.

"Why aren't you in your room? Dad said you have to stay in there until the shakes go away and you're sober." Genevieve says.

"What, I can't have orange juice?" I ask.

"I don't know, did you put anything in it?" She asks sarcastically. My jaw locks in anger. I shake my head, finish the drink and go to my room.

"Lai, I'm sorr-"

"You're right. There was something in the drink. It wasn't just orange juice." I whisper, frozen. Then, I continue to my room.

Dad said Ashton may not be the best person for me to be around at the moment. They want me to get over my sex addiction, my alcoholism.

They didn't know I had the cocaine still.

A couple hours later, Ashton stopped by. He gives me a small smile before walking in, looking at me sitting in the corner of the room by myself.

"Hey," he says gently, with a small smile. I stare at him. "Don't feel like talking?" He asks. I shake my head. "What do you feel like doing?" He asks.

"Drinking." I answer. "But apparently, I have a problem. I'm fine. I've been fine the past 3 years but then you fuckers show up, act like you fucking care, and suddenly I'm so called not fine!" I scream angrily.

"The fuck is up with you?" He asks.

"Is that a question? Really? You ripped me out of my home when I had finally had a comfortable routine going, and you throw meds at me saying I need help, and that I'm fucking crazy, and that I'm an addict, and that I need to get back to normal! This is fucking normal!" I scream, before taking the empty bottle of beer I had hidden and smashing it against the wall. I groan, lean against the wall because I was now standing again, before slumping to the floor.

"How do you keep getting alcohol?" Ashton asks me, shocked.

"I have that shit hidden in places you wouldn't begin to think about. It's no use. Might as well throw me out. Surely you all don't need an alcoholic in your lives." I state.

"We don't want to kick you out. We want to get you help." My dad says from behind Ashton.

"I don't need help! I'm not an addict, jesus!" I snap.

"Okay, then go one day without drinking." Adeline says, as if a bet.

"K. Tomorrow." I say. They nod.

The next morning, I wake before them and take some of that cocaine Karma so graciously granted me. I get the part where you zip around crazily doing things over with, before lying down in bed with a smile. My mind is haywire right now, seeing colors and shapes and rainbows and unicorns.

Hours pass and they come in my room, making me take a breathilizer. No alcohol traces. I lay down and hold my pillow.

I begin to laugh slightly.

"What's up with you? I know what you're like when you're sober and this isn't it." Adeline questions. I don't respond. I just smile. She calls Ashton and dad in.

"What's up?" Dad asks.

"She isn't sober. Not on alcohol, but something else." She says. Ashton grabs my face and looks into my eyes.

"What the fuck, Laila." He groans. "She's high on cocaine. You can tell by the way her pupils are dilated." He says. Dad's face turns into disappointment.