16:// A True Man Asks First

"So, she needs therapy, and medication. We scheduled a doctors appointment today to figure out if Latuda is safe for her to use." My father updates Danny on the phone. "We don't know for sure. Well, her grandmother had it, so it could be from that. But it's also caused by traumatic events and we both know ahe's definitely been through some horrible things, and the other could be from drug or alcohol abuse which again, could be a probable cause."

Adeline is brushing my hair, Charlotte did my makeup so I didn't look as 'dead.'

Adeline and Ashton changed my clothes, because I refused to do so, and I was carried to the car, where Ashton buckled me while I stared at him. I pleaded quietly not to go, and he looked so, so sad.

They all understood the mood swings now.

My brain is so fucked up. Bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD, what else?

Dad drives in silence, looking uo to the mirror at me with a worried expression. Ever since he found out mom had abused me when I was younger, their relationship has been strained. He's been sleeping in the guest bedroom.

"Dad?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah honey?" He asks, rushing his voice. Everyone's attention is on me.

"Can you stop and get me some Bug Juice?" I ask. "Please." This is a question I often asked as a young child, and he would smile and tell me yes, and buy me a blue one. A blue Bug Juice is what I craved.

"Of course, honey." He whispers. I look back out the window as he continues driving and turns into the gas station and gets one quickly. Once I have it, I open it and take a small sip, the familiar and nastolgic sting. Everyone looks a little relieved, mostly because this was the first thing I've really drank in 3 days.

I take another sip, my arm feeling weak. I almost drop it, but Ashton catches my arm.

"Careful." He murmurs. I take one more sip before closing it, putting my head against the window and cuddling into myself.

After a few more minutes, my dad tells me that we're here. Because I'm refusing to move, Ashton yet again carries me in. Because we have a scheduled appointment, we go right in, and Ashton sets me on the bed/desk thing.

I roll over and face the wall. My family talks to each other. My mom winds up calling Danny back and asking him how long these depressive episodes go on for, and he said they could last anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.

The doctor comes in.

"Hello, Kingston family! Haven't seen you guys since Adeline and Genevieve's last checkup. So, what's going on? Which one am I looking at today?"

"Laila." Adeline says, pointing at me.

"Oh, I didn't notice her there. Silly me. Who's Laila?"

"Our other triplet sister." Gen replies.

"Oh, wow! I thought you were twins." He says, laughing. "Laila, do you mind flipping over?" He asks. I don't answer. "Laila?"

"She has bipolar disorder and manic depression. She's going through a depressive low right now. We want to know if it's safe for her to use Latuda?"

I hear someone stand, and warm big hands flip me over. Ashton.

The doctor runs some tests, and after a while, decides I can take it. He says if there's any negative side affects, contact him instantly. He makes me take the first pill in front of him. He sends us to the pharmacist, who gives my father the prescription, who simply hands it to Ashton.

It was understandable. Ashton was the one who had found me and looked in the first place, he was the one that always made sure I was okay, he wad the only one I allowed near me. I had overheard my father give him his blessing to date me if he wished.