17:// Wrong

It felt so wrong.

Here I was, a week later, in some dude's apartment fucking while Ashton is probably out worried.

One kiss was all it took for Ashton to make me feel like I was his. But I wasn't. I'm not. And that's why I needed this. I needed a reminder that he isn't mine.

I couldn't even deny the pained face I had, the single tear dropping from my eye as the guy continued to fuck me like I had asked.

When he was done, I simply got up and got dressed. He asked where I was going, but I didn't answer. I just grabbed my shoes and my phone and left. I put my shoes on while walking, and turned my phone on. Many calls and texts were waiting for me. I check my pockets, finding 25 bucks. I hop on a bus and get a ride home. I try my hardest not to notice the creepy ass guy jerking off while staring at me a couple rows away.

I unlock my phone and call Ashton back, feeling terrible.

"Laila? Thank fuck, where are you?"

"I-I'm on a bus. And I'm sorry, I turned my phone off and I got wasted and high and I'm sorry for that. And I hooked up with a stranger and I'm sorry for that and I'm trying really hard not to notice the guy jerking off to the sight of me in this dress a few rows away." I whisper, crying quietly.

"Get off the bus at the next stop, I'll come pick you up." He tells me. "Stay on the phone, okay? I'm getting in my car now." I hear his car start up.

I do as he says and get off at the next stop, which thankfully has a McDonald's. I order some food for Ashton and I, even though he isn't here yet, and sit at a booth. 20 piece chicken nuggets for both of us, along with Medium fries.

He stays on the phone until he gets here, and when he does, he rushes inside and pulls me into his arms, seeing that I'm crying.

"I don't want to be this way, but I don't think I can change." I tell him. He kisses the side of my head. He seems deep in thought, thanking me for the food and eating with me.

"You use it as a distraction, right?" He asks me. I nod. "Okay, I'll tell you what. Come to me from now on. I won't sleep with you, but I'm willing to do other things. Just not full sex. Not until I know you'll stay with me."

"I'm not going to stay." I mumble.

"Then no sex. But foreplay is fine. I just... I don't want to see you going out and getting possibly butchered by strangers." He says.

"Are you sure?" I ask him. He nods. "Okay."

He takes us home, tucks me in bed, whispers a goodnight.

After he's gone, much later, and asleep, I whisper

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

.
.
.

"Laila!" Adeline yells from outside my door. "Did you take my straightner again?" She asks, walking in.

"Jesus, Addy." I say, annoyed, Ashton coming out from under the blanket. She doesn't seem fazed, and clearly doesn't care.

"I'm going out. I need my straightner."

"Where the fuck are you going?" I ask, pulling my panties on under the blanket and getting out of bed. We walk into my bathroom and I give it back to her.

"Out."

"With who?" I persist, following her into the kitchen, where my parents sit.

"Jesus, Laila, put some clothes on." My mother says.

"Why do you care?" Adeline asks me. So my emotions fall away, my mask slipping on.

"I don't." I say. "Knock next time you walk into my fucking room." I say coldly.