Chpt. 3

When we got up to the sector four -which is the sector we sleep in- I took Bucky to room 14, my room.

I opened the door for him since he was cuffed. He stepped in to find a dimly lit room with a stainless steel closet that held my clothes for when we stay at the base but also undercover clothes. The other cabinet had all my weapons in it. When you get level 10 clearance HYDRA opens up a lot of options. Bucky was still staring through. I stood next to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Got some bad memories coming back to ya?" I asked. I walked behind my closet to change into my uniform, a simple, black, jumpsuit with a HYDRA sign on the sleeves of it.

"Yeah, it just...this...this was my room. The window, it has metal bars on it."

"Yeah, I did always wonder why it had that. Why did they put those there? Was there an attack?" I asked. He stood in his place, almost dead silent. He turned to the bed and sat on it, running his hand over the mattress.

"This used to be a full sized bed. You and I would sleep on this together and you would curl into a tight ball to fit. You'd always sleep on my metal arm to keep cool at night and to make sure it wasn't tense while I slept." He recalled.

"Oh...uh, that's nice." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm surprised they didn't do the same technique to you they did to me." He added on.

"What did they do to you?" He was dead silent again.

"They replaced good memories with bad memories." He mumbled.

"What they do now is almost as bad." I told him. He was filled with interest.

"What did they do to you?" I shook my head and sat next to him. "What is it?"

"They let you remember the person, just the name. Then they take all of your memories of them away from you and take any good memories away. All that's let is HYDRA pain and intolerable skills to teach you everything they know. I do remember Paris, but only a glimpse of it." His eyes widened. "We were on 165 Minter's Lane. It was this brick building with windowsills covered by blue orchids. We were wearing the typical winter clothes of Paris but there were many weapons in our jackets. I didn't look at you, but I grabbed your hand, looking for comfort, so you put something in my pocket."

"You still have it?" He asked.

"No, HYDRA took it from me before the memory transaction." I propped my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his flesh arm. He jumped a bit when I did but he relaxed a little after that.

"So when are we gonna find a way out of here?" He asked. I shot him a look that basically said 'are you mad?'

"Uh, never. I've never left this place without HYDRA letting me." I confessed.

"Good thing you got me now. I already got a plan."

::::::::::

After nightfall, the guards finished their rounds and went upstairs to sleep. Bucky and I were wide awake through. "So what's your brilliant plan to save us?"

"Well, there is an electromagnetic field protecting the base at night. It's also what's keeping your powers neutralized. If we shut down the field, you use your powers and get us out of here."

"Maybe but we-" I was stopped by footsteps rushing down the hall. I pushed him down and pretended to be asleep next to him. The footsteps stopped at my door. There was a knock followed by the sound of maybe 45 guards. I rushed up to opened the door and saw Herr Elias along with a few scientist.