Chpt. 14

As we continued, I kept a sharp eye around the open hall. A few workers were running around, doing their job. But we couldn't trust them at the moment. We looked like one of their co-workers so they didn't suspect anything from us.

"Ms.Taalochi!" We whipped around to see a woman walk up to me. I apparently looked like someone named Taalochi. "You still owe me that money, I need it by tomorrow or I'll take your house and tell the king about...your mystery connection." I was intrigued but I couldn't go any further.

"Of course." I mumbled. She huffed before walking off to the rest of her errands.

"Remember the name, Taalochi. I could be of value." Wanda advised.

"Yeah, and it could be the person we're looking for." I added.

::::::::::

When we got to point B, AKA T'Challa's office. Steve, Sam, and T'Challa were there as planned and we made it there safely but that didn't dismiss my feeling that something was going to happen.

"You're finally here. Good timing, Steve was about to break everything in here." Sam told us.

"Why?" Wanda asked.

"It was an intense moment." Steve confessed. Bucky gave him a man hug, Steve was surprised. They pulled back before Steve turned to everyone.

"T'Challa, could you do something with the windows?" Steve asked, gesturing to the walls which were nothing but windows.

"Right, I can handle that." He went over to a keypad on his desk and punched in a few number, causing blinds to drape over the windows and the light's brightness to rise. I took out the our undercover disguises, discarding our looks as the Palace Workers. "Were you followed?"

"If we were, we might not have known but we didn't seen anybody." Wanda reported.

"Maybe we were wrong? It might just be someone in the town." Sam suggested. We all thought it through in silence until something hit me.

"Wait, if Reed was there that means that the group of people wasn't from a Base in Africa. They had to have been called somehow." I realized.

"I suppose." T'Challa considered.

"So if anyone has a phone, we can look through their records. It's possible since you're king." I reminded him.

"It is legal." Bucky added. I looked down to cover my smirk.

"Okay, but not today. I may be your friend, but I am also a king with responsibilities." He evoked us.

"Right, sorry." Steve apologized.

"For now, you guys may try to enjoy Wakanda, hopefully it won't end up the like last time." T'Challa suggested before walking out.

::::::::::

We all decided it would be best to spend some time out of the Palace. We decided to go to a restaurant but we kept our eyes peeled for the mole. Steve and Bucky stayed behind, which I didn't feel the best about but I trust they aren't doing something they'd regret. The restaurant we chose was called 'Ella's Piccolo Rome', which was a Italian-themed restaurant. We were seated at a table with dark wooden stools and plain wooden tables of the same wood. It was in the center of the restaurant, so we had a good view of everyone.

"I'm still confused as to why we're not at an African restaurant but an Italian one." Natasha confessed.

"It was the cheapest place with the best food." I mentioned to her