Chpt. 11

"Alright, Sam and I will get the meat entrées. Wanda and Natasha; vegetarian entrées. Scott and Clint handle the drinks. Bucky and Alex, get the plates and silverware." Steve ordered. "Go!" We all scurried around different parts of the kitchen, Bucky and I headed over to the closet full of gold and silver utensils.

"Uh...Silver or gold?" I asked.

"Silver, gold stuff is probably more expensive." He said. I nodded my head before grabbing a steel cart and starting getting about 90 silver plates. "How are you?" He asked.

"Uh...good. Why do you ask?"

"I...just like to know." He covered up.

"Really? I don't believe that for a minute." I laughed. "Tell me the truth."

"I just- don't want you to not be happy." He answered meekly.

"No, there's something else." He looked down so I put a few plates on the cart before walking up to him and grabbing his left hand. "No lying." I whispered. I gently sighed

"I-I don't know! I guess I just feel like something's wrong." He groaned, walking away from me annoyed at himself. I walked closer to him and

"Hey," he looked up at me when I rested my hands on the back of his head, "I get it. You're back in the world. You're still understanding things. I get that, but that doesn't mean you have to shut me out." I told him. He smiled at me.

"Okay, I promise I won't. Now let's get the stuff. We're gonna make the team behind schedule." He reminded me. I began placing the plates on the cart again.

"Seriously though, these are beautiful plates."

"You're beautiful." He told me. We both started blushing insanely, I nearly dropped the plate I was holding.

"I-I...What?" I stammered.

"What? I didn't, you think that, what? NO! Hey look, gold knives." He ran over to the forks and knives and started gathering them. I went back to the plates, still incredibly embarrassed.

::::::::::

We finally got all the plates and utensils set out in front of everyone. We walked to where the rest of the team was standing. Wanda pulled me next to her so I was between her and Bucky.

"Hello, I'm Steve Rogers, as some of might know, most of us are Avengers. Not too long ago we did some permanent damage to Wakanda's current lifestyle. Not a day goes by that we regret it. Your past king was an honorable man that none of us could ever amount to. This dinner isn't only celebrate how much help you have all been during our stay in your country but it's also to say that we're sorry. Please accept this most sincere apology from us, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Scott Lang, Wanda Maximoff, Sam Wilson, James Barnes, and the newest member of our team, Alexandrine Gunther." Everyone started clapping until it went back to silence. "Now, without further ado, here is your Wakandian style dinner made by Americans." He threw his hands dramatically as Wanda and I waved our hands as the food started gently placing theirselves onto the tables. We all ran to our table at the top of the stair case where we could easily see if an enemy was coming. Wanda and I levitated our food onto our plates.

"Guys? Use manners much?" Scott asked sassily.

"Please, I grew up being taught zero manners. You're lucky I actually have some." I laughed.

"You're very open with your past, why is that?" Clint asked.

"Well, I guess it doesn't affected me. I've learned to ignore it." I told him.