Chpt. 7

After planning the attack, exit and getaway vehicle we all went to our rooms. Bucky was silent while we were planning and he hadn't said a word since before that. "You're awfully quiet. Why?" He didn't answer, he just kept walking down the hall. "Are...are you okay?" I asked. Still not a word. "What's wrong? Please don't hold out on me." He stopped in the middle of the hall and turned to me.

"Why would you put yourself in such a risky position? If HYDRA gets you, only god knows what they'd do to you." He growled. I was a bit surprised but I didn't want him to leave.

"I-I just thought it'd be helpful. Besides, you know that no one can contain my powers. Not even the people who gave it to me. HYDRA can only weaken my powers and not even that much." I told him.

"But it still effects your powers. You could still get injured or worse." He snipped.

"Why are you acting like this? I can protect myself." I said defensively. Actually I was a bit scared by him, he was very intimidating.

"Why am I acting like this?' What if you can't protect yourself and we can't help you. What if HYDRA kills you?" He started raise his voice a little more after every question until he screamed something.

"What if I lose you?" He was dead silent after that.

"Bucky? That's what you're worried about? You'll lose me?" I asked. He looked down with his hair covering his face again. "Buck, the second HYDRA sees me it wouldn't actually be me. I'm not going to even be in out of the Jet. I'll be in the jet with you. I can promise you that no one is going to let HYDRA take me away from you." I placed my hands on his cheeks as he tightly clutched my waist. He gazed into my eyes and smiled. "What?" I asked with a laugh.

"When you were a kid you would always want me to say with you at the base because you were afraid someone would take you away from me or they'd take me away from you. I'd always have to sneak you so you wouldn't have a melt down right before a mission." He told me. I looked sow to cover my laugh.

"I was a real baby, huh?" I asked jokingly.

"Yeah, the worlds biggest." He commented.

"No, I think you take that title." I corrected him.

"True I did just give you the silent treatment." He admitted.

"Yeah, I'd say Barnes has definitely got this one." We turned to the other end of the hall to be greeted by Barton and Romanoff.

"Oh, uh...how long were you standing there?" Bucky blushed as we retreated our arms back to our own sides.

"Long enough soldier, long enough." Barton told us. Romanoff hid her snickering with her hand but Barton wasn't scared enough to hid his laugh.

"Hey, it's not bad or anything to *love* someone." Natasha told him, extending the 'love'.

Bucky and I walked to my room. He threw his arm in front of my torso to stop me from walking in. "What?" I looked to him, but he was staring behind me in terror. I burrowed my eyebrows before turning to where his eyes were looking to see the dresser was thrown to the floor with all the drawers sticking out. Everything was thrown to the floor. We looked at the nightstand, desk, and bookshelf, they were all emptied and all our stuff was thrown onto the bed.

"Did they leave?" Bucky wondered aloud. We slowly traveled into the room when someone shattered the glass door of the balcony and ran out with a handful of bags in his hands. We both started to run after him but before we could even make it out the building Bucky stoped and turned to me. "Please stay here, please." He seemed desperate to keep me away from anything that flashed danger.

"Okay, but you owe me." I told him. He nodded his head before running out. Steve, Barton, and Romanoff ran in.

"What happened? Steve asked, surprisingly out of breath.

"We got robbed apparently. Bucky chased after him." I told them.

"And you didn't go with him?" Barton asked.

"He asked not to, but you guys can go." I told them. "As in GO NOW!" They scurried out through the shattered door and leaped off the balcony. I looked around the empty room, hanging my hand onto my necklace. "Please don't die. It's not exactly a helpful plan of action." I talked to myself, which was meant to be told to Bucky but I said it anyway.

|•|•|•|•|•|
Bucky's POV

I ran through the forest of building, getting terrified looks from people but I continued to chase after the thief. Steve ran up to my side.

"What the hell!? Did Alex tell you?" I didn't stop chasing after him but I looked back to Steve every 2 minutes.

"Yeah, you know all the stuff in those bags are probably clothes." He argued, trying to get me to forget him.

"No, he took something. Something really valuable and important." I told him.

"What could be so important?" He asked. I hesitated to answer.

"It's Alex's file. It had all of her information, including her family history." I explained. I saw the guy no farther than a block away, I started speeding in up but before I could even get close enough to get to his hand he disappeared in a cloud of smoke taking all the bags with him. I just stood in the road, jaw practically sagging on the floor. The Wakandian were clearly in panic and Barton was close behind us.

"You can go, Barton and I will take care of the citizens." I nodded to Steve before running back to the palace.

|•|•|•|•|•|
Alexandrine's POV

I was pushing all the furniture back to their original positions with Romanoff's help. "So should I just call you Agent Romanoff or what?" I asked. She laughed to herself before turning to me.

"Well you can call me Natasha if you'd like. What should I call you?" She asked.

"Well, I go by anything but my full name is Alexandrine Larisa Gunther, so you can make anything out of that." I told her.

"Alexandrine, how 'bout Allie from the 'A-L-E' from your name?" She asked. I gave her a light smile.

"Huh. No one's ever come up with that one before. I like it though. Okay, Allie it is." I told her.

We continued to fix the room until Bucky walked in. All we had left was the nightstand which I could easily lift by myself. "I leave you two alone now." She awkwardly walked out of the room before Bucky shut the door behind her.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He walked closer to me. "Uhh...Bucky?"

"I am so sorry. I'm so sorry I should've left the file where it should've been. This shouldn't have been done." He started cry so I placed my cold hands on the sides of his neck to calm him down.

"What did you do?" I asked. He shook his head. "In my eyes you could never do anything wrong, you know that."

"I-I know. But I did something terrible."

"How bad could it be? Just tell me." I told him.

"I took...I took your file from HYDRA. It had anything that there is to know about you. Your powers, your missions, your partners, your -your family." He sat against the wall with his hands covering your face. "I messed up. I really messed up." He groaned.

"Bucky..." I sat next to him against the wall. "It wasn't that big a deal, I don't understand why you're so worried." I whispered.

"Because who ever took your file could control you. They could use you to do whatever they wanted and use your family as blackmail. And it's my fault."

"Bucky, you were trying to help me. That's all. There is no problem with you trying to make me happy."

"Yeah but now instead of making you happy I just endangered your life and probably your family who you might never get to meet."

"Bucky, I have met my family." I confessed.

"Wait...what?"

++++++++++
Word Count
1395