Chpt. 5

The scientists set up all the instruments and checked all of Bucky's vitals. They injected something into his flesh arm with a physician's needle. Elias had two guards next to me, and I knew them well enough that I didn't need my magic to see what their hopes and fears were. "You know whatever your trying to do what change how I think of him." I was speaking to Elias even though we weren't looking at each other.

"I know that quite well, but what you think does not matter to me, only what your partner thinks." He told me as he walked in front of the desk.

"How exactly are you going to do that?" I asked, chuckling a little. I saw Bucky mouth the word 'no' which scared me a little. "With this..." He pulled out a red leather book with a faded black star on it. "This is how we are going to get your...friend...to listen."

"And what would he be listening to? What do you have to say to him?" I asked.

"You'll be here to see it so there's no point in asking." He told me.

"You might think you're the most powerful Thug for HYDRA but trust me, if you want him to hurt me or anyone else from his past like say, Steve Rogers, you're going to have to try harder than some little red book." I laughed.

"If your James hadn't kept so many secrets from you, you'd know why this isn't any book, it's what made him The Winter Soldier." He cackled as he walked over to the cage Bucky was in. "And as for you, I hope you will trust me when I say: Love is weakness, order is power. And when you're with HYDRA, power comes out of pain." He threatened in a harsh tone. He cackled once more, turning back to the scientists. Bucky struggled to get free, he even broke a sweat from trying. But he didn't have enough power, the injection from before could've been anesthesia which tired him out instead of making him sleep.

"Your damned soul will be on its way to hell before mine even considers the trip, I'm not worried about much." I snapped, gritting my teeth. He kneeled down in front of me and got closer to my face.

"And I'll be singing Highway to Hell the whole way there." He whispered. While he was close I kicked his stomach which pushed him back 10 feet, some scientists and guards snickered but Elias just growled at me before getting up and walking to the scientists. "You gentleman will not be needed for this part. If you're not man enough to stomach this you are welcome to leave." He announced. Of course, bringing up the 'man enough' part made some people stay when they really didn't want to. "Good, now if any of you make the smallest sound you won't be able to say 'hail HYDRA' before we shoot a bullet through your head." The tension in the room was practically radiating off everyone. He placed one hand on the leather book, sliding his fingers across it until he got the pages and opened it. "Got anything to say?" Elias asked Bucky, he turned to me.

"Remember what I said before?" He asked me. I nodded my head. "Good, now close your eyes." He commanded. I shut my grayish-blue eyes and turned to my shoulder. All I heard was Elias speaking Russian which I could translate.

"Zhelaniye." Longing.

"Rzhavyy." Rusted.

"Semnadtsat." Seventeen.

"Rassvet." Daybreak.

"Pech." Furnace.

"Devyat." Nine.

"Dobroserddchnyy." Benign.

"Vozrashcheniye Na Rodinu." Homecoming.

"Odin." one.

"Gruzovoy vagon." Freight Car.

Everything was dead silent after that. I opened my eye and saw Elias opening the cage, Bucky walked out with a bland motion.

"Soldier?"

"Ready to comply." Bucky mumbled.

"Your new mission...her." Elias pointed to me, Bucky stared and looked back to Elias.

"Engage?" He asked. I was shaking, I knew what the answer was.

"With pleasure." Elias smirked before heading out the door, shutting it behind him. Bucky looked to me, his eyes buried into my skin.

"James, listen to me, this isn't you. You told me yourself. Please, if you remember something, anything at all, I can promise you right know if it's anything like our moments together, it's true."

He said nothing, as he was ordered. Not ordered, wired. Wired. Forced. Programmed. To be a killer and that's all. Not human, thanks to these Russian asshats.

"Mission report, December 16, 1991. You killed Tony Stark's parents. You knew Howard Stark personally but you didn't know that at the time. It didn't come back to you until you were in Siberia during the late spring of 2016. You were with Steve Rogers, trying to run away from a Sokovian's anger who blamed the Avengers for his pain. There was this whole war between the Avengers and it had nothing to do with you, you were merely a pawn. And right now HYDRA is using you like that time," he glared at me, which was kind of a 'shut-the-hell-up' kinda glare but I said one last thing, "please Bucky." He stopped in his tracks, he collapsed onto the floor, landing right in front of me. "Umm...Bucky?" I leaned over him. He instantly shot up, making me whip back into place. He started to look around, looking sort of panicky.

"Are you okay? Did I do anything? Did I hurt you?" He started throw out a bunch of concerning questions so I used a pinch of hearing illusions. A shrill ringing sound silenced him.

"Um...I'm fine but it'd be very helpful if you break these handcuffs soon." I told him, laughing as he mentally face-palmed himself.

"Right, that." He opened the handcuffs. I instantly threw my arms over him.

"I hope you're okay." I whispered. I looked back him, my hands on his cheeks. He held my hands and rubbed his thumbs over my fingers.

"I'm fine, you're safe so I'm fine." He told me. We sat in silence, just looking at each other's smiles until Elias came in with maybe 15 guards behind him. Bucky and I stood up with our hands wrapped around the other's.

"Ack, Agent Barnes. I thought you understood this already...love is weakness, a weapon." He cackled, his cackle was meant to be a normal laugh but it was a wicked, douche-y cackle.

"Love is a weapon, but not all weapons are bad. Few know how to use it. I'm sure Alex and I use it just fine, better than you I'm sure if that too." He shot. I snickered, as did a few guards behind Elias.

Alex?

What? I like the name Alex.

Whatever, if that's what you like.

Elias was boiling again, hotter than before but he looked like he hand a plan. "Mr.Barnes, know this when I say, love can't-."

The ceiling shattered, making the guards fall back but Elias was crushed by the debris. Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and Clint Barton were standing above the debris. Bucky grabbed my hand as he ran over to Steve. He let go of my hand to man-hug Steve. The HYDRA agents grabbed me before Steve's arm could reach Bucky. He pushed me to my knees and threw me into a headlock

"Should've listened to Herr Elias, Alexandrine." The agent pulled out his gun and placed it next to my head. I saw Wanda Maximoff behind Sam so I dropped my hands slowly and left them by my side.

"In my defense, he wasn't talking to me." Wanda pulled away the agent before he could say anything else, knocking down a few other agents.

"Come on, let's go." I grasped Bucky's hand as we followed the others out of the room. He pushed me into their Jet and closed the door before bullet could make its way through. He sat next to me and Rogers while Barton and Wanda sat together and Sam, Scott Lang, and Romanoff sat together/piloted the jet.

::::::::::

Word Count:1351