Chpt. 8

"Wait a second, HYDRA actually let you meet your family?"

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain. You know how I told you HYDRA took the memories of people I know but I can remember their name? Well, I remember their names too but nothing else." I briefly explained.

"So, could they be in any danger?" Bucky asked me.

"That's kinda hard to explain as well. The way I met them was through a mission where I had to steal my father's files and there was a picture of a baby that looked like my baby photo that HYDRA took to ID me until I turned 7. So I put the pieces together and found out HYDRA assigned me to steal from my father but I didn't complete the mission. HYDRA thinks it was just a mission uncompleted but I didn't want to rob from my father which I've never met before. His name was Andrew Chase, my mom was Lilian Chase." I added. He frowned before burrowing his eyebrows.

"Any parent would know their long lost daughter when they saw them. Didn't they notice you when they saw you."

"Um...hello...spy/sniper. I hide in the shadows, the agents that grew up here could kidnap and assassinate the president and you'd never find the body. These people could do it all in one night even if they had a 40 second window to get into the White House and take him."

"Right. Programmed from birth to do nothing but kill. If you don't listen the first time you'd know what was coming by the time you rebelled a second time."

"Ha, by the second time it'd be even worse. But, back to my parents. I'm not sure what was in the file since I never got a chance to see it but if HYDRA wanted it, then it must be something important."

::::::::::

The following morning I woke up with Bucky already out of bed. "Shit. Did I sleep in?" I asked.

"No, I just came back from a morning run with Steve." I turned to the clock to see it was 7:03.

"How long was the run?" I asked.

"Not long. Two hours at least." He told me. I laughed, assuming it simply was a joke but he just gave me a puzzled look.

"Seriously? Two hours isn't long?" I stated in an obvious tone.

"Well, when you spend 70 years forget basically everything that isn't related to HYDRA time starts to pass by quicker than you think."

"Is that why it's so easy for you to fall asleep?" I asked, flopping out of bed.

"Yeah, I guess." He was probably lying but I'd rather not talk about a negative topic right when I wake up. We both walked downstairs to see most of his friends getting the breakfast together while Steve was watching "Conviction".

"Am I the only one who thinks Hayes from Conviction looks like Peggy?" Clint asked. We all stared at the T.V for a bit.

"Na, no one could be as beautiful as Peggy." Steve said. His team members all groaned at his cheesy comment but I had a small smile at my lips. Steve loved the same girl for 70 years not giving up on loving her until her death, that's what I call true love.

After our breakfast we suited up for the mission and loaded into the jet.

|•|•|•|•|•|
3rd person [the night before]

After Alex fell asleep Bucky opened his eyes and slipped out of her tight grasp. Although Alex was a sniper/spy, Bucky was an assassin who could sneak into the White House and steal the constitution with ease. Slipping out of Alex's grip was basically nothing. He sat up with his back towards Alex's smile.