Seven

It's career day at their kid's school and at the moment, Person A is unemployed.
They're a little disappointed about not being able to go but they brush it off as something that they really can't do anything about.
The fated day rolls around and Person B wakes up so sick they are not understandable.
Person A calls their child's teacher and apologizes for the inconvenience but offers a solution.

During the other parents' presentation, their kid is just plain sad about their parent not being able to come.
Presentations are about to wrap up when Person A knocks on the door and asks to come in.
Throwing all of their pride away, they triumphantly run into the room sporting a very colorful superhero costume.
Immediately sprinting to their child's desk, they hoist them onto their shoulders and strut to the front of the room.
Together, try manage to string enough bullshit about how Person A is so busy fighting crime that they don't have time for a job that it sounds halfway believable.
It is possibly the best and most humiliating thing Person A has ever done.
But when they see their child smiling after the long day is done, they decide it was worth it.
((And they get an angry teacher phone call later because all the kids want to be a superhero instead of having a job.))