Part Five: The Call

It's been a two days and still no phone call from the record company. I'm starting to think that they just completely hated me. Why is this so stressful!!? 

"Hey so what are we gonna do today?" Makayla asked as she came out of the bathroom. 

"I don't know. We can just chill here for today." 

" What? Nooooo!" We've been "just chilling here" for the  past two days! They are going to call you I promise. You can't just sit around and do nothing while you wait!" She kind of raised her voice because she was aggravated with me.

I looked at her for a minute not knowing what to say.

"Fine. I am kinda hungry. But I really don't want to go out. Maybe we can make a trip down to store and get some stuff to make food." I said trying to convince her. 

"Fine but when we are done we are going to the pool, it's huge!" 

I laughed and agreed and we got our stuff and headed to the store.(I don't know what kind of grocery stores are in New York but we'll just go with a Walmart.)

We arrived at the Walmart which thankfully wasn't very crowded. We found a parking spot and went inside. 

"It'll be faster if we split up. I'll go this way and see what they have and you go that way." I said pointing in two different directions.  

"Okay sounds good. I'll call you if I can't find you." 

We went our separate ways and I made my way down to where the bread was. I guess we could make some sandwiches or something. I thought to myself as I grabbed a bag of bread. 

I started to look around to see what else they had. I was reaching for a bag of chips when someone put their hand on my arm. 

I looked and I saw two guys with their hoods on wearing sunglasses. 

"Hey.." The guy who grabbed my arm said. I didn't let him finish because I bolted. I am not going to get kidnapped! I ran to the other end of the isle but the guy ran in front of me saying something.

"Wait! Wait! Hold on, stop!" He said while blocking me from leaving. I was about to scream and I started to but got cut off because a big hand was put over my mouth. 

"Be quite. Your gonna blow our cover!" The other man said in a deep voice.

I was trying to struggle my way out but it was no use. Then the guy took off his glasses and what I saw surprised me. 

"It's me! I'm Shawn Mendes." He whispered. Then the other man let go of me. 

"What the heck?! Why did he grab me like that?!" I said as I shot a mean glare at the bug dude. 

"That's my body guard John. He was trying to keep you from screaming. We really don't need to get mobbed by fans in the middle of Walmart." He while he laughed. 

"Why did you run?" He asked me

"Well I thought you guys were kidnappers. You do kind of look like it." 

" Yeah I guess we do, sorry about that." 

"Wait. What are you even doing here? Like why did you grab my arm?" I say a little bit aggravated after what just happened. 

"Well I recognized you from the other day, when you ran into me." Shawn said this with a grin on his face.

"Oh yeah I was in a hurry that day." I say trying to be short with him.

"Oh, well I never caught your name." 

"Probably because I didn't tell you." I snapped back. I am still kind of upset about this whole situation.