Part Thirteen: Making Decisions and Meeting Parents

Okay you guys I have a little over 100 reads now, so in a few chapters I will be doing an authors chapter to tell you guys an embarrassing story like I promised. I will also tell you guys some things about myself so you can get to know me a little bit better.

--

Alright so right now I'm sitting on the floor in my room very frustrated. I have 30 mins till Shawn comes to pick me up to meet his parents. I already did my hair and makeup, but I cannot decide what to wear. 

I put my hair up in a cute ponytail and I curled it. I put on a little bit of eyeshadow,eyeliner, and mascara. I have clothes to wear but I can't choose.

Finally I decide to call Mak.

"Hello?" I hear her say into the phone.

"Hey I need your help. I can't decide what to wear and Shawn is coming in 30... No, he's coming in 20 mins and I haven't chosen what to wear!" I was freaking out and practically yelling into the phone.

"Okay first stop yelling at me. Second calm down and take out that black fitted dress with the blue flowers that flows at the bottom. That one looks great on you. Then take out your blue flats because those go really well with the dress." 

I did as she told me and then I went and picked out some jewelry. I put on a necklace that Nate had given me for my birthday and a ring that I had bought recently.

"Okay thank you so much! I gotta go get changed. I'll call you tomorrow and tell you how it goes." 

"Okay have fun!" I hung up the phone and quickly changed. Just as I looked in the mirror and was satisfied I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs to get the door.

"Hey. Wow you look..wow!" Shawn said and then he hugged me.

"Thank you, you look very nice yourself." I laughed kissing his cheek.

We drove to his house and he helped me out if the car. He unlocked the door and we walked in. My heart was beating so fast that I could practically hear it.

What if they take one look at me and they hate me? 

I walked in with Shawn holding onto his hand tightly. As soon and his parents saw me they came and hugged me.

"Oh you must be Lexi! It's so nice to finally meet you!" His mom said. She had an English accent and she was very pretty. 

His parents let me go and then introduced themselves.

"My name is Karen and this is my husband Manny." He reached out his and and I shook it. 

Then I heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Hi! I'm Aaliyah, Shawns sister." She gave me a side hug and then walked over and whispered something to Shawn.

"Thank you for having me over. It's really nice to finally meet Shawn's parents." I said as I followed them into the dining room. 

The table was already covered in food and it smelled so good. Karen had made spaghetti and meatballs and it looked delicious.

"Wow that smells great!" I said and they all kind of laughed.

"Yeah my mom sure does know how to cook." Shawn said pulling out a chair for me. He sat down next to me and Aaliyah sat on the other side of me.

"So you and Shawn are doing a collaboration soon right?" Aaliyah asked as she dug into her food.

"Yeah we are . We are going to work on it when we go to London. I'm really excited!" 

"Well London is a beautiful place! I hope you enjoy it there." Karen said with a smile.