Part Twenty Nine: The Wedding Day

Lexi's POV 

Today  is the day. I'm getting married and I am so nervous. I am so glad that Shawn is the one who will be standing at the end of that isle.

I'm in the brides room at really big church. We are having the wedding outside and the reception inside.

Makayla,Grace, my mom , and Aaliah are all in here getting ready and helping me get ready. Lindsay us here yo do my hair and makeup. Everyone is talking, but I'm not paying attention. All I can think about is Shawn.

"Okay I'm finished. Now let's get you in your dress." Lindsay said. I got up and heard a knock at the door. My mom went to answer it and I heard Brian say something.

He handed my mom a piece of paper and then left. 

"This is for you." My mom said while handing me a cute little card.

I looked at her and smiled then began to read it.

I can't wait to make you my wife. Thank you so much for being mine.

See you at the alter.

-love Shawn

I wanted to tear up but I couldn't because of my makeup. I set the note down on the makeup table and went to put on my dress. There isn't much time till the wedding starts.

My dress was lacy from the top down to the waist. It was fitted around the torso and had sleeves that came to my forearm. It flaired out at the bottom and I absolutely love it. (A/n the picture of the dress is at the top.)

When I finally had it on, everyone looked at me and my mom wanted to cry.

"Mija you look beautiful." My mom said.

"Oh wow it's gorgeous!" Mak and Grace said. I turned around and looked in the mirror.

"Wow, I love it." I whispered.

Every started adjusting the dress and the Nate knocked on the door.

"Is everyone clothed?" He said coming in with his eyes covered.

"Yes dad everyone is dressed." I said. He uncovered his eyes and gasped when he saw me.

"Oh my goodness look at you." He said. I smiled and took another look in the mirror.

"Are you ready? It's about to start." Nate said. I nodded and followed everyone out. Shawn was already waiting at the alter.

I heard voices outside and I felt nervous, but the good kind. Then I heard the music of the piano start and the doors opened.

Grace walked out with Brian because he is Shawns best man, Mak walked out with Geoff, and Aaliah walked out with Matt.

Finally it was my turn, I turned to Nate and linked arms with him. We walked out and everyone awed. As soon as I walked out I made eye contact with Shawn.

He looked at me and had the biggest smile on his face. When I finally got to the end of the isle Nate handed me over to Shawn.

"You look astonishing!" Shawn said making me blush.

"Thank you, you look great yourself." I said.

"We have gathered here today to join this lovely couple in Marriage." The priest said. He said all the normal wedding stuff and then it was time for our vows.

"Shawn would you like to begin?" The priest asked and Shawn nodded.

"Lexi, from the day that you literally ran into my life I knew I never wanted you to leave it. We have had our ups and downs, but never did we stop loving eachother. You make me so happy just by smiling. You have supported me in everything that I have ever done. You have loved me unconditionally. I couldn't ask for a better bride. I want to spend the rest of our lives together, raise beautiful children, and I can only hope that they turn out like you. Lexi I love more than words can say. I vow to never leave you and to always love you like there's no tomorrow." He said. I was already shedding a few tears.

He is so amazing. I want to kiss him already!

Shawns POV

The wedding is about to start and I took my place. Everyone found their seats and then the music started playing. The doors opened and out came the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Finally Lexi cam walking out with Nate. She looked so beautiful. Never in my life have I seen someone as wonderful as Lexi.

We never looked away from eachother. She finally made it to me and Nate ga e her to me and nodded.

"You look astonishing." I said. And she smiled and thanked me.

The priest started talking and I couldn't take my eyes off of Lexi.

"Shawn would you like to begin ?" The priest asked me. I nodded and began to say my vows.

When I finished Lexi was crying a little bit and was smiling at me. I wiped away her tears and she grabbed my hand. Then began her  vows.

"The day I met you I never would have thought I'd be standing here today with you. I didn't really know what it was like to have a man truly love me until I met you. You have not only shown me what love is, but you've shown me how to love. You make me smile brighter, laugh louder, and live so much better. Out of all the beautiful woman in the world, you chose me. I vow to you that I will be a good wife and some day a good mother. I will love you with no limits and everyday I will make sure you know how important you are to me. Shawn Mendes, I love you." She said. I'm not going to lie, but I was crying.

How in the world could I deserve someone so wonderful. The rings were given to us and I put Lexi's on her hand and she put mine on my hand.

"If anyone objects to this marriage speak now or forever hold you peace." The priest said. I looked at everyone hoping no one would say anything. No did.

"You may now kiss the bride." Said the priest. I pulled Lexi in andi kissed her. We stood there kissin and it felt like no one else was there but us.

Finally when we stopped everyone cheered and we walked down the isle and inside. 

The reception was so much fun. Everyone ate and there was music and dancing.  I couldn't have asked for a better day or a better wife.

Lexi's POV 

The reception was great! Everyone was congratulating us and our first dance as husband and wife was so amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better day or a better husband. Shawn and I are going to Argentina for our honeymoon. 

"I am so glad to finally call you my husband." I said to Shawn as I hugged him.

"And I'm glad to finally call you my wife Mrs. Lexi Mendes." Shawn said and kissed me. 

The rest of the night was great and then we both went to change and then left for our flight to Buenos Aries, Argentina.

--

I know this chapter was a little bit shorter than others, but I hope you enjoyed it. Only one more chapter left.

I won't be able to update tomorrow, but I will update on Saturday.

I'm working on a new story already and I'll put the information about that at the end of the next chapter.

I love you guys so much!

-Nicole💗💗