Part Seven: Big Fights and Secret Places

"Lexi wake up, your mom made breakfast." I hear a deep, but nice voice say. I recognize this as Shawns voice..... And then there's Brian🙄

"Come on you little turd! Wake up!" Brian says throwing a pillow at my face. I quickly shot up and glare at him. He throws his hands up in defense. Shawn just gives a little laugh and shoves Brian. 

"Wow it smells really good!" I say while taking in the smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. My mom isn't always home in the mornings because of work, so I don't usually get a breakfast like this. 

"It tastes great too!" I hear Makayla say as she shovels more food in her mouth. I look at her and laugh because she looks like a chipmunk.

"Did you guys have fun last night?" My mom asked while she set down some more bacon on the table.

"Yeah we had loads of fun. Thanks for letting me come Lexi." Shawn turns to me and smiles so I smile back. 

"No problem, I enjoyed hanging out with you. Your an okay guy Mendes." I wink at him and he laughs. I realize that everyone is staring at us which is making me uncomfortable.

"What?" I ask looking around at everyone. 

"Nothing." My mom says looking over at Makayla with a smirk on her face. I look at Shawn and he just shrugs his shoulders. 

"Anyways..." I say changing the subject. "How was your date last night?" I ask my mom. I lean on the counter and looking at her. She starts to blush and smile like crazy. 

"It was really nice. He took me to dinner and then we went for a walk through some of the gardens in the park." She was still smiling like crazy. I haven't seen her smile like that in a long time.

Everyone stayed a little while after breakfast because they had nothing else to do. Me and Mak (That's what I call Makayla sometimes) cleaned up while the guys went to wash up. We always keep extra tooth brushes in case we have guests. 

"How long does it take to brush your teeth? I need to wash up too!" Makayla said as she made her way upstairs. I followed behind her because I wanted to know what was going on too. 

We walked up to the bathroom door which was slightly open. I was about to open it, but Makayla stopped me. She put her finger to her mouth so I would be quiet. 

"Really?" I hear Brian say as he turns off the sink.

"Yeah, she's really funny too." I hear Shawn respond. Who are they talking about?

"Yeah I guess. Lexi has always been pretty funny." When I hear my name I lean in closer to the door. Just as Shawn was about to respond I leaned a little to much and me and Makayka accidentally pushed the door open. 

I panicked so I just yelled.

"BOO!" I yelled pretending that I was trying to scare them. Thank God they  bought it. Makayla played along.

"Haha! We got you!" She said and then looked at me. I gave her a "that was close" look and then we both start laughing.

" Not cool guys. So not cool." Brian says crossing his arm and acting like he's five. Shawn starts laughing and then they both walk out. Before he left Shawn turned around. 

"How long were you guys standing there?" He asked. He had a worried look on his face. 

I looked at Mak and then turned back to Shawn. "Ummm... Not long. We scared you guys as soon as we got to the door." I lied. I honestly don't know why they were talking about me, but I'm not gonna over think it.