Part Twenty Eight: The Proposal

Shawns POV

We started driving and when we were a few minutes away I pulled over.

"Okay from here you have to wear a blind fold." I said.

"Oh fine, only because today has been great." She said and I tied the blind fold around her eyes.

"How long till we are there?" She asked me. I started driving towards our final destination. 

"We're almost there." I said. We drove a lot less longer and she complained a little more about the blind fold.

"Okay okay we are here." I said laughing.

"Good can I take this off?" She asked.

"Nope not yet." I said. I went around and helped her out of the car. 

"Okay now hold onto me so you don't fall." I said and we started walking to where everything was set up.

"Whee are we?" She asked trying to feel around for something.

"Hold on. Ready?" I said and she nodded. I took the blind fold off of her and hers eyes lit up. 

We were at our special place. I set up a big picnic. Lexi's family helped me pick out decorations but they weren't allowed to help me set up, no one is suppose to see our secret place.

"Oh my goodness Shawn this is amazing!" She said looking around.

I had lights hanging from everywhere possible and there were flowers everywhere. I had a picnic blanket set up on the big rock we always sit on and the picnic basket was on top of the rock too.

"I'm really glad you like it." I said. She turned around and smiled at me.

"I love it! You did all of this?" She asked in amazement.

"Well I had a little help picking out decorations, but I set it all up myself." I said.

She came over and gave me kiss and then hugged me.

"Do you want to dance?" I asked her.

"But we don't have any music." She said looking confused.

"Are you sure about that? Come out Ed!" I yelled. 

I asked my good friend Ed Sheeran to come and play our song 'Perfect' from an old album if his and he said yes.

"Oh my gosh Shawn!" She said and gasped.

"Sorry that I brought him to the spot, but I thought this would be a good surprise." I said and she smiled at me.

"He's freakin Ed Sheeran, of course it's okay. But no one else sees this place okay?" She said.

"Alright." I said. I put my hands around her waist and pulled her in closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and layed her head on my chest.

We danced to the music and the moment was amazing. Just as Ed sang the last line of the song I pulled away from Lexi just enough to look into her eyes.

"Lexi I want you to k kW just how much I love you." I said. By this point Ed was just playing the Guitar softly.

"I love you too Shawn." She said. 

"I never want you to not be in my life. Since day one I knew you were so special. I fall deeper in love with you every single day. I want to grow old with you and make so many memories." 

"Shawn your making me cry." She said as her eyes filled with happy tears.

"Lexi Smith..." I began to say. I pulled the box with the ring out of my pocket and hot down on one knee. "...Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" I said.