You Are No Monster. Opal (LOK) X Male Reader

Guide:
(F/c) = Favorite Color
(H/c) = Hair Color
(H/l) = Hair Length
(E/c) = Eye Color
(F/n) = First Name
(L/n) = Last Name
(M/n) = Main Or Preferred Name  

Requested By: mystic-mountain on Deviantart

You Are No Monster. Opal (LOK) X Male Reader

(No POV)

You were Korra's best friend since you were children. You played together, learned together and hell even grew up together. That was until a man named Tenzin was going to take her away. You were so afraid that they would take the person you considered your sister from you. Having no family of your own you didn't want that... To your luck Korra said she'd go only if you could come to. You, of course, agreed without a second thought. Adjusting to city life was not easy due to your lack of a voice. Only Korra and Pema knew sign language and many in the city did not. You met several people during this time. Mako and Bolin the ladder of whom treated you like a brother much to your joy. You then met Asami and you would be lying if you said you didn't gain a small crush... Then you got to know her and she wasn't your type. Not a bad person just not someone you see yourself with. Luckily for you Asami tried to make sure that you were okay. If you ever needed to go into town she came with since she could read sign language even if she couldn't do the hand movements. She quickly became another sister to you. After you and the gang confronted Vaatu you all headed back to the city for a much needed break. You and the gang are currently going through the city trying to stop the vines from progressing. Unfortunately this would be the day you figure out something about yourself.

(Your POV)

At this point I have given up on helping with the vines. They're not going anywhere. I watch as Eska and Bolin figure out the same... I'm so glad I was able to convince her to come with. Her father was the problem not her or her brother even if he is a prick. As I lean on a wall I hear a scream. I run in the direction it came from and see a man in a cloak running away from a woman. I gun it after him at high speeds as I hear the others trail behind me. Soon I get close enough as the moon shines bright overhead. I use my bending to get water to hit him... But that doesn't happen. To my horror he simply screams in pain and slams into a wall. I stop in front of him and shakily look at my hands.

Thief: "W-what k-kind o-of monster are you?" The thief stuttered at me in pain. He then passed out as I stare at my hands in utter horror. I hear someone slowly come up behind me as tears start to flow from my eyes. I shake my head no refusing to believe what just happened to me. I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn with tears streaming down my face to see Korra looking at me gently as the full moon's light reflects off her.

Korra: "It's okay (M/n)... It's okay." Korra said to me in that sister like tone I know well. My lips quiver slightly as I shake my head no. I use my sign language to speak to her.

You: 'Why? I'm a monster.' I signed as I silently cried more. She shook her head no and pulled me into a loving hug. I buried my head in her shoulder as she rubbed my back kindly. I feel another hand do the same. I know that's Asami.

Korra: "No (m/n). You're no monster. You're the kindest guy we know." Korra said to me trying to comfort me as I silently cried in her shoulder.

*TIMESKIP*

(Korra's POV)

It's been weeks since that day and (M/n)... Has barely come out of his room. He thinks he's a monster... Like Unalaq became... By he's not. I know him and he's a damn good person. I just wish he could see that right now. Me and Asami both have been trying to comfort him but... This seems to be eating him up inside... Today though is the day we leave to find the new air benders that have been popping up... And I'm going to get (M/n) to come if he likes it or not. I walk to his room and knock on the door. I hear him knock on his table letting me know I can come in. I do so and see him looking at me sadly while sitting on his bed. I thin my lips and sit next to him.