Chapter 6

Putting my diary in the hidden compartment inside my bag, I roll back over onto the bed. Instantly Alfie is sliding up my stomach and trying to get my attention like an over-affectionate lap dog.

Dog.

Logan.

I'm back at the toilet, hurling up nothing other than the water I had drunk minutes before on my last trip here. Going back to bed, I want to sleep only Alfie soon reappears, rising slightly to stare down at me. I feel his judgment, the confusion and how annoyed he is after being knocked off the bed again.

"If I die, seek vengeance on tequila. Avenge me!" I manage to choke out.

I am sure something has died in my mouth, maybe that's what I keep throwing up. The thought of throwing up dead matter has me gagging all over again. I push Alfie out the way and return to the bathroom, wondering why Darius let me drink so much. Maybe it has just been too long since I last had a session and my coping skills are non-existent now?

Slumping against the wall of the shower, I stare at my new nemesis, the toilet and focus on my breathing rather than nausea. What the hell happened last night?

Waking up back at the Academy had given me déjà vu, I even considered I had time travelled and that was why I was sick. Alfie had scared the shit out of me until I remembered who he was and how I got him, which led to me being able to recall why I was at the Academy. That led to going to the Last Drop, and I need an aspirin.

"Alfie, fetch!" I call out and looking up to the bed he is merely laying there staring at me.

Closing my eyes, I still feel a little drunk. Forget the bed, the cold tiles feel just as nice, and only as I register the sound of Alfie's hiss, freezing water is suddenly being dumped all over me.

And it's not stopping.

Opening my eyes I try to crawl forward, only now the tiles are wet, the waters not stopping and I slip down in a belly flop. A pair of black leather dress shoes meet me as I try again to open my eyes, ignoring the pain in my jaw where I hit my chin. The water finally turns off and shivering I manage to look up only to regret that decision now as the bathroom light is now on. The area where I know a head should be is nothing more than a white orb.

"So you are alive then?" It's rhetorical, and there is a hand in front of my face. "Need a hand?"

Who the fuck is this guy?

Moving to take it, he suddenly pulls away, and a gasping groan comes from him as he disappears. So much for helping me, and instead I manage to use the toilet to stand up. I'm shivering, but the cold water gave me enough of an adrenaline rush to wake up. Looking into my room, the stranger is doing a weird dance, and then I see Alfie taking a swipe at him between hisses.

Gods, I love that snake.

I grab a towel from the back of the door and wrap it around my shoulders before trying to act like I have a grip on the situation and call Alfie off. I'm tempted to tell him that the guy is tequila to see what happens, but like Logan said, with great power.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Do you-" He pauses and Alfie is soon coiling himself around my leg to climb higher. Having my arms on my hips helps him as he is soon around my shoulders and I don't bother picking the towel up now.

"Do I what? Answer me, before I show you what an Apophyt is capable of." I threaten.

Right now it's not much, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Um-" His blue eyes are practically popping out of his head, and Alfie gets himself in a position where can stretch out in front of me; almost as if daring this guy to come closer.