1st March 2011

Hunter Diary Log 13

 Case of Reece Black, Slayer.

The subject was in limbo between human and vampire forms. After taking his first taste of blood during the change, subject was severely injured. Upon being admitted into hospital, the doctor was able to test the theory if a Slayer is given Slayer blood, the demon will be vanquished from his system.

 Due to his first attempt at feeding was not enough to stabilize the vampire taking hold as well as being brutally wounded to weaken him further, the doctor reported success in reversing the vampirism.

Oh fuck it.

Bob, I really thought I had done it. I had killed Reece – vampire or not, that I had killed a Slayer. Thanks to Mum’s quick thinking, we got him to the hospital and while he was barely alive, the remnants of the vampire in his system kept him alive. Our kind don’t get the chance to survive the change. Reece’s case is more than unheard of, it’s just – impossible.

The Doctor on duty was also a Slayer, but had never been able to test some of his theories. Using Reece as a guinea pig played off and the problem with that is, he is very mortal and on life support in ICU with practically no hope in pulling through.

We tried.

 I tried.

After an argument with Logan I went back to see Alfie who, long story short turns out handy to have around in a bar fight. The stupid mutts Selene sent ended up giving us a few more leads on what is going on and now I have to work out when the Blood Moon the ‘Lord Alpha’ great, great, ah.. great? Granddad Alistair killed him on so make sure she doesn’t get a chance to succeed.

Easy right?

Bitch needs to die and I need to make sure Dad, Jordan and I aren’t together until that is done as she needs all us descendants together.  Try telling Dad that… I forgot how scary he can be, but logic won out. I think he was also pissed I vanished from the hospital, but stealth and invisibility have always been my talent. Time to see just how good I am when I go see Selene…

I was born to do this and I refuse to let the monsters win. They can think what they want about me; I am a Hunter and it’s time I start doing just that.

The time for games is over.

Elise Bunting
(Ninja Hunter)

P.S - pinch and a punch for the first day of the month! Ok, now the time for games is over.