Chapter Twenty.

Logan I expected to see. I did steal his car after all so I presumed he would be able to track it. I was practically counting on it. To have Reece walking uncomfortably beside him - well that was interesting. Pulling over to the sidewalk, Logan looked around confused and spying his car relief had him smiling as his whole torso seemed to relax. Whacking Reece on the arm, they both watched as I pulled up.

"Nice ride." Logan lent his arms on the roof of his car and bent his head through the window as he looked around inside. Probably checking it was still in once piece.

"Me or the car?"

"For someone who just got busted, you're in a pretty good mood?" He asked cautiously, eyeing the keys up from where they hung proudly from the ignition.

"I'm the one in the car and I doubt you could keep up."

"Give it back!" He whined, pushing up to cross his arms while he glared at me.

"I would if I could, but you see I used to have this amazing motorcycle to get around on and then some dickhead chased me out of town so I had to give it up. This is a nice replacement!"

"Elise, I'm asking nicely..." His voice was tightly restrained, each word coming out like a threat.

"This is nicely?"

'Give me the - what are you doing?" He looked at Reece in shock as he simply opened up the passenger door and got in.

"Welcome aboard!" I held my hand up for a high five and he obliged. As he started doing up his seat belt and I revved the engine, taunting Logan further. "Hey Logey, wanna ride?"

"You or the car?" He snapped back and went to open the door to the backseat only it was locked.

"What was that, I didn't hear you over my car?" I revved it again and rolled it barely a meter.

"I am going to strangle you!"

"Kinky although I'm not exactly into that kind of shit."

Reece rolled his eyes and reached behind him. Unlocking that side had both doors opening and with a huff Logan climbed in. "Enough of the foreplay, what is the meaning of this?"

"Did you ever steal your parents car as a kid?"

"No?" Reece glanced behind Logan, confused. Always Mr. Serious.

"A, you missed out and B, this is so much better than that!" Hearing Logan curse and stumble across the backseat as I hit the accelerator was indeed, better than any reaction I had earned from my Dad. The tires squealed against the road, sending a plume of smoke into the air behind me and the early morning shoppers, didn't look impressed. Except for one guy who did a little fist pump and he earned himself a toot of the horn.

"So where are we going?" Reece asked, ignoring Logan who was still talking to himself about being crazy for wanting to even find me.

"The video store."

"Why?"

"I want to watch a movie, my brother recommended something to me!" Mentioning Jordan, I felt a tad bad. "And how is the jerk?"

"Pissed, more than that guy," Reece pointed behind to us Logan. "They wont let him leave because to have two of you floating around out here isn't a good idea."

"At least I know where he is now and that he is safe!"

"Don't you think he wanted that for you?" Logan piped up and I had a feeling we weren't just talking about Jordan.

"Yeah, but only because he doesn't think I can protect myself."

"Can you slow down?" Logan gripped the back of my chair as I turned another corner a little too sharply.