9th March 2011

Log 68/2011

L.Murphy

My attempts to save Elise Bunting have been made impossible due to the pack of five shifters following me. Last night they met their end when they tried to attack me on my way out of a take away outlet. It was in direct line of human civilians too, so thankfully I was able to put an end to it quickly and quietly. I don’t think they were part of Selene’s pack, they were to uncoordinated, she’d never allow any to be so untrained in fighting or in stalking. I had left one alive, but the bitch wouldn’t shift and even when using a moonstone against her she kept her form. Now I have to be even more careful.

Because of this, it took me three days to get to Elise’s location. Her signal was lost soon after I had spoken to her, but they had already moved on and hopefully of their own accord. I want to think Elise is still fighting as the majority of the building looked like a tornado went through. Doors were all splintered and broken, blood had been splattered onto some of the walls and in the room I guessed she had been staying in due to her presence still lingering there, the bed had been turned upside down, a table smashed and the most worrying part of all was the faint remnants of vampire ash that stuck to the white walls.

She had said in the car one of the guys had been a Slayer, yet amongst the lingering signs of inhabitants there was a Tracker and what I guess was the Hunter she had mentioned too. Something had happened there and it was completely vamp so I made a couple of calls to some Slayer contacts in the area and found out about a bar they frequent.

I found a vamp who would talk and in his rather drunken state, he let it slip that he, along with some of his drinking buddies were offered a large sum of money to get the girl Hunter.  This vamp declined, happy to live a simple life out of trouble – he hadn’t seen any of them since and that was a couple of days ago. I found the signs of at least five dead vamps and he had nine friends. The missing four remains make me hopeful yet worry me too. Four of us trained against nine vamps... surely they would be alright with the odds in their favour?

Am I stupid to presume she is alright?

 I have no leads or clues as to where to go now and there is only one thing I can try to get back on track; I need to find Jordan. Elise said he had been there, if was behind it all – he would know where they’ve gone and maybe I can get some answers with what’s been going on.

This is why it is better for us to stay alone. I've been doing it for years since my parents died and not the prospect of loosing someone I care about only brings back that pain. Once this is over, and she is safe... The only logical thing to do is leave and go back to my own life. To kill and be killed, that is our duty. Does it have to be our only way of life though? I didn't think I would find someone I would want in my life. Why her? Why now?

I'm going to have to destroy this now. I can't risk her seeing it when I find her. 

I will find her.