Chapter Fourteen.

The lobby of the theatre was packed and not just with human fans of the stage. Vampires outnumbered everyone else by at least three to one and Logan had hold of my arm so tightly, I started to get pins and needles from the lack of circulation. The fact he wouldn't shut up about how much of a bad idea this was and that we should just go didn't help my mood. So while trying to ignore his constant whining, I instead focus on finding where I needed to go. I had a box seat and spying the stairs, stomped on his foot to make him let me go.

I was glad I decided to dress up a little for the occasion. My black cocktail dress blended in nicely with the other patrons, and taking off I politely smiled at the elderly humans also making their way up to the higher levels. The vampires didn't even flinch as I slipped past them, then again why would they? One young Hunter in six-inch heels and a purse that barely had room for a tube of lipstick wasn't a threat to any of them. Besides if I did try anything I'd be drained before I could blink there were that many of them around. A few did stop or at least glare in Logan's direction as he lacked my agility in dodging and weaving through the crowd.  Finding the door I needed to go down I eventually did as he asked. Logan only pouted as he came up beside me. Despite how good he looked in a suit it was hard to get past how much of a pain in the ass he can be.

"Evening," I smiled sweetly at the group of five vampires that went by and they all returned the gesture without a word heading in the direction I needed to go.

"This place is crawling with vamps. I don't like it, we need to go!" He snapped for the hundredth time.

"I'm not going until I find out who sent the note. Now go do whatever it is you do while I go and watch some god dam ballet!" I hiss, turning to show one of the theatre's attendants my ticket and without another word followed her down to my box.

An ice bucket with a bottle of champagne is already set up between the four chairs that make up the private seating area and I'm obviously the first to arrive. I take my seat and a waiter appears, opening the bottle he hands me a glass.

"Thank you." He only nods and leaves the compartment giving me a second to look around. I can’t shake the feeling of being watched, but with all the vampires around it’s hard to pick what I’m actually sensing. The stage still has the curtain down and from the pit below; the orchestra are going through their warm up. There is a steady hum of voices as everyone arrives and in the other boxes, only vampires occupy them. Was my mystery person a vampire? Thinking of Reece and the state he had been dropped off in, panic began to bloom in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to admit Logan could be right and pulling out my phone, decided to text to him. If this was an ambush, we were screwed.

"I wouldn't drink that if I were you," The knowing voice made me squeal and turning to my left, I couldn't hide my shock at seeing the woman beside me. "I know free champagne is hard to refuse darling and like all things in life, if it's too good to be true..."

I made sure to close my mouth, looking around no one paid me any attention after my outburst or any interest in my guest. Staring back into the glass I decided to take her word for it and poured the bubbly liquid into the ice bucket. "Who are you?"

There was nothing apart from the prickling sensation over my skin to tell me she wasn't human. Her outfit was more like a costume; definitely something you wouldn't wear every day. The red gown resembled something from a medieval period and she even had a crown proudly positioned amongst soft blonde curls.

"Lasandra Cowans, you may have heard of me?" She asks hopefully and all I can do is shake my head. "How is this possible? Lady Macbeth meets tragic end? It was in the papers for weeks!"

"I'm not from around here, sorry. So ah, you're a ghost?"

"Yes darling, I'm a ghost!" She growls, not impressed with that fact. Then again I wouldn't be either. "Something about you made it hard for me to stay away though. Who are you and why would the help be slipping party favours into your beverages?"