Chapter Four

~Jacob's Place and POV~

Jacob set his case down, sighing. He looked at the picture of his grandmother that hung on the wall proudly. It was one of the scarce items that Jacob kept carefully monitored and taken care of.

"I'm sorry, Grandma." Jacob sat at his desk and put his head in his hands. What am I supposed to do now? Suddenly the catch on his case flew open. Then the second one popped open as well. Jacob slowly raised his head to look at the small opening of the case. A growling noise was heard. Jacob slowly moved to close the case. With a yelp, a horrible pink thing flew out and attached itself to Jacob, who fell over. He felt a harsh nip on his neck, and immediately felt dazed. Then the creature scurried away, hiding. Jacob moaned in pain as he lost his balance and fell over. He heard other things crashing out of the case - or was it just his imagination? He couldn't tell anymore. He was drifting in and out of darkness.

Kat's POV

Kat whimpered as she tried to stop the creatures from exiting. She struggled with the Niffler, but it simply wriggled out from under her fingers and ran out of the case. She notices an Occamy slither out but couldn't reach it in time. She gazed out of the opening in dismay as she watched the creatures fly, crawl, or slither out.

What was Daddy going to think of me? Kat shuddered. She couldn't bear being alone. She slowly turned then climbed out of the case to face reality. Then she was in shock when she realized that she didn't see her uncle. And a Muggle was hurt. Her uncle was definitely going to abandon her once he heard about this.

Newt's POV (A/N Sorry for switching so often!)

Newt was walking with Tina to where he supposed was her house. He could hear her talking but his brain wasn't processing any of her speech. Newt simply walked and was in shock. Kat. Where was Kat? He promised to never let her out of his reach and now he broke that promise. What have I done? Newt shook his head slightly to clear his thoughts.

Tina continued rambling. "I can't believe you didn't Obliviate that man! If there's an inquiry I'm finished!"

"Why would you be finished? I'm the one wh-" Newt said trying to calm her.

"I'm not supposed to be near the Second Salemers!" Tina groaned. Then, Newt heard a faint buzzing of wings. He looked up horrified as he saw a Billywig fly by. Tina evidently noticed it too and began questioning him.

"What was that?" Tina demanded to know.

"Err...a big moth I think." Newt randomly lied. He saw a large crowd gathered by a wrecked tenement building. Wait. The Muggle - he had a case too. He said - something about a bakery - switched cases - this is where he lives. His mind was a whirlwind as he pieced together the puzzle pieces, and his heart skipped a beat. Newt hurried to the crowd, where Tina followed, suspicious.

As the Billywig came by again, Tina got distracted by it, giving Newt the chance to duck under someone's arm, and take off for the stairs. He hurried to the middle of the wreckage, into an absolutely destroyed room. Newt looked at it's pitiful state, then reminding himself he didn't have much time. He looked around wildly and saw his case sitting there open on the floor. Newt hurriedly poked his head in, glancing at the shed, before taking his head back out.

"Kat? Where are you?" He said, calling quietly. Newt heard another person, whom Newt had managed to not hear, moaning in the corner. Kat was shaking the man - a Muggle.

"Kat! What are you doing?" Newt said hurrying over to the Muggle.

"I'm sorry Daddy. They escaped. I couldn't stop them." Kat said abandoning the Muggle and throwing herself onto him. She was evidently terrified. "I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me. Please don't-" and soon she was in a frenzy of tears. Newt hugged her, while behind Kat's back, waved his wand to fix the room. His mind was occupied right now with not getting in trouble with Tina.

"Shh...Kat. I would never leave you. And it's okay. I'll find the creatures. Now get back in please! Go take a nap, or something, okay? I'll be down in a jiffy."

Kat sniffed but nodded. Reluctantly, she slid down the case landing in the floor. And if Newt had been paying attention, he would of realized that the vague blurb he had said meant nothing to Kat now - he already broke one promise. How many more was he going to break?