9

Serenity🌸

I sit on the window ledge and watch the lightning and thunder. The wind is picking up outside and the rain is blowing against the window. It's only 8 am and it's raining cats and dogs outside. I know Florida is known for weather like this, that only lasts about 10-20 minutes, but I love the rain so I can't complain.

Everything in my mind from last-night replays over and over. I honestly was over reacting for nothing. I hit him and kicked and punched him for no reason. I don't know why I was that mad. I've never seen myself that mad before. I hope it doesn't happen again.

A noise comes from the bedroom. He's up. The door opens and he drops dead in his tracks. We lock eyes but I'm first to break eye contact by looking back at the window. I could hear him coming over to me but I don't pay it any mind. I'm to embarrassed about what happened last night.

" Look Serenity I'm sorry.." He grabs my shoulder to turn me around. I look at him and down at his arm. There was a red bite mark it was swollen but my teeth didn't tear through the skin to make it bleed. I start breathing heavy as if I'm about to cry.

I don't know what had gotta into me but inflicting pain and wounds on somebody is something I was taught not to do. I'm not that type of person.

He looks down at his arm and then back up at me. Tears were starting to form in my  eyes.  " You didn't mean to. You were upset... It only hurts a little bit." His voice is calm. I don't understand how he could be calm with me at this point.

" I bit you Mateo. I don't like doing things like that. Fighting isn't my type of thing. I only fight when it's necessary but it wasn't at the moment. I really bit you." My voice cracks. He reaches over and wipes the tears from my eyes.  I cannot believe myself.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pull me into his bare chest for a hug. "Serenity I'm not mad therefor your shouldn't be mad with yourself. "

" I should be the one saying sorry though. How can we I make it up to you? What do you want." I shift around and look up at him. This is the first time I notice how cute he looks, so i just stare at him.

" I want your happiness. I don't want to see you like that ever again. It scared me and it scared yourself." He says. I look back down and nod my head in approval. " We have to catch our flight at 10 It's ten minutes after 8 right now." I untangle myself from his arms.

" Did you pack already?"

" Yeah I just want to take a shower again. I have to um.. try and clear
my mind. " i say as  walk to the bedroom door and open it.

In the distance I hear his voice, " Okay. Just meet us downstairs in the lobby."

-//-

Mateo 🍓

I knock on her door and wait for her to answer. A few seconds later she opens it and she's wearing a crop top and some shorts. Serene pulls me in and I close the door and lock it behind me. I turn to back around to see her already sitting on one of the couches.

" Couldn't stay away huh? " She smirks. I smile under my mask and make my way over to the couch and sit right next to her. She gets up and straddles my lap.

"Nah I only have about... 40 minutes to spend with you. Then I gotta book it back to the hotel and then catch a uber to the airport."