12

Serenity 🌸

As I get off the bus don't make any eye contact with any of them. I simply just grab my things out the baggage department and keep it moving. Terry gives me my key with a smile on his face. I give him a short smile back and grab it from him.

I keep my head low and continue to walk the rest of the dark, humid parking lot. My head wants to turn back around to check if they're behind me but I dint let it. The door guy opens the door for me and greets me I don't greet him back. Why does everyone want to smile today. I should slap the smile off everyone faces.

Of course the elevator ride is silent because it's almost past midnight. The elevator rings a sweet tone making me want to vomit. I quickly get off of it and hold my keycard up to see which room number I'm staying in. Room 143.

I close the silver door behind me and my eyes landscape the hotel room. It's very neatly set up but not that top notch. I put my bags down by the big ass window view. The bed is a mauve color along with matching sheets and blinds to the window. Like a love type of color. I wonder what Terry was thinking.. Ahaha.

I look to the right of the bed to see a phone. I pick it up and dial the main office's number. A few rings and a female voice picks up.

" Hello this is Natalia speaking how may we assist you today?" Her sweet voice also makes me want to just punch her.

" Do you guys gotta hot tub?" I ask.

" Yes ma'm we do. There's one inside the spa which is closed. But there is one outside where our swimming pools are. Just come down by the lobby and make a right. You'll then pass the gym and then keep on going straight and that door straight down the hall leads to the outside pools."

" Okay thanks." I say right before I hang up. I sigh and rub my temples together, this relaxation is much needed. I pin my hair up and go back to my suitcase and start to rummage through it to find one of my swimsuits.

-//-

I step outside the door and the summers night smell hits my nose. It smells kind of sweet but musky at the same time. I spot one of the hot tub in the far corner away from the rest. Perfect. I set my towel beside it on one of the towel racks.

I sigh in relief as I let my body slowly sink inside the hot tub. It was just the right temperature too. I place my arms on the edges of  the hot tub and close my eyes. It feels so good to just not be bothered. Like the stress and tension is leaving my body.

I open my eyes back up to see Ayleo sitting on the edge just staring at me while smiling. I playfully roll my eyes, " I'm trying to relax. What do you need?"

He looks at his blue faced Rolex and back at me, " You do realize it's 1:30 am. You decide to relax at this time of night?" Wow I've been in this hot tub for a whole hour? I must've fallen asleep.

" Yes because this the only time of day I don't get to be asked a ton of questions by y'all. You guys just tend to look over me like I'm a baby entirely too much." I sigh and close my eyes once again, hoping he would get the memo and disappear.

" Speaking of questions, did my brother get to tell you his question?" He laughs very lightly under his breath. I pop my eyes back open and look at him.

" No we are not on good terms right now." I say nonchalantly and turn my head back.

" Because of Serene huh?" He chuckles.