14

Serene💦

" Mateo listen to me I'm just trying to have a civil talk with you..please call me back." I hang up the phone for the what seems like the tenth time. I wipe my eyes from all the crying I've done and slide my phone across the bed.

Why? We have the same face what's so different about us. I'm just only a tad bit freakier than she probably is.

I almost jump off my bed when my phone starts to ring. I almost trip crawling quickly to it, I hope it's who I think it is. The screen name makes me want to cry tears of joy. Atleast he listened to my voicemails.

" Hello.." I press my lips together waiting for a response.

" Look I can't have a civil talk with you because I'm all the way in North Carolina right now.. So please stop asking."

I close my eyes and sigh, " I'll meet you somewhere. I'm still in North Carolina too."  I look at the time of my alarm clock on the dresser. 8:21 am.

The line was silent for a bit. Did he hang up? " Alright I'll meet you at a cafe I just googled. It's called Cafe Carolina & Bakery... You're in Raleigh right?"

" Yes that's only 10 minutes away from me. I'll see you then.." I smile.

" Yeah alright bet." The line hangs up. I lock my phone, toss it on the bed and squeal while jumping up and down. Finally I get to talk with him alone. I go to my pink coloured dresser and start to pick out my clothes.

" I can't wait to see you Mateo."

-//-

The place smells of fresh bakery sweets and coffee as I open the door. I take a look around, elegant and cute I like it. I spot Mateo at one of the tables by a big window. I fix my crop top and adjust my boobs making them look more full. I take a deep breath and exhale while walking over to him.

" Hey cutie.." I smile and sit from across from him. He stops twisting his finger around his hair and looks up from his phone.

" Inappropriate. Don't say it again."

I put in my best cute pouty face and roll my eyes, " Fine. "

" Here." He slides one of the two drinks he bought to me. I look down at my lap and blush as I take it. " How do you know I like Caramel Frappes? "

" Doesn't every girl? Times ticking Serene. I gotta get back before Serenity wakes up."

I mentally gag at her name. Who gave her the right to have a matching name with me? Ew.  " Look you do know that she doesn't have to know about us right? We can keep it a secret."

Mateo slides his phone in his pocket and leans on the table. We are facing eye to eye with each other. " I wouldn't dare hurt Serenity like that. I've finally got what I wanted."

" Mateo.. Please." I say breathlessly.

" No. Serene we are just friends. Hell I shouldn't even be saying that because my girlfriend doesn't want me talking to you. But I'm not a cruel person to just leave you hanging like that. So we are just going to be friends.. Got it?"

I make a sad face and nod my head yes. Why isn't he falling for my facial expressions? I have to try harder I guess. I take a sip from my frappe and get up from the table.