15

Serene 💦

The doorbell rings, I stop rubbing my eyes to make them red and get up from the couch. My stomach flutters when I get yo the door.. It's him. I open it to reveal him standing in the rain with his hood on.

I sniffle and pull him inside the house

I sniffle and pull him inside the house. We don't say anything to eachother as I lead him back over to the living room. I put in my best sad face and begin my little acting stunt.

" S-s-sit." I quietly mumble to him and point to the spot next to me. His eyes never leave mine when he slowly walks over and sits. How beautiful.

" Is she at the hospital? Do you wanna go?" He asks. I play with my fingers and shake my head no.

" I don't want to see her dead body." I whisper with my head down. It's silent for s few more minutes. I just wait for him to respond. I hope my little stunt works. Besides, I'm better than Serenity.

The sound of the air conditioning fills the air with its noise. The rain is pitter pattering on the roof of the her house. A lovely noise mixed in together.

I look up to see him just staring at me. I let a few tears escape my eyes as I look into his. He looks away. Why?

" I don't like seeing girls cry." Mateo says, taking his backpack off and setting it on the chestnut carpet floor. His voice gives me goosebumps every time.

I burst out full on crying. It startles him making him jump a little. I could tell he's worried and scared for me at the same time. He quickly scoots closer and lays my head on his chest. My small hands grip his Thrasher hoodie as tears soak into it.

" Serene please stop crying." He begs. I smirk into his shirt and continue to cry my eyes out.

He sighs and pats my back with little taps. His body heat and his scent smell and feel nice. I missed this.

My crying calms down to just hiccuping, " Are you okay now? Do you want to talk about it?"

I nod my head yes without ever leaving his chest. Phase 2. " She d-d-died of o-old a-age. In her s-s-sleep." I try and make myself stutter.

He sits up more on the tan suede couch, " Oh. It's okay though. Because she's my watching you from up there being proud of you right now." He says in a reassuring tone.

Ew. I think the fuck not. Dusty ass whore ain't like me anyways.

" Yeah I guess. She's all I had left. You know my parents ain't never home. My father just be on business trips and you already know my mom is a flight attendant. Never know what time she'll get home. So I come and see my grandmother in the summer along with me staying with my Uncle in Atlanta I told you about. "