Chapter 22

Hello, I don't know if you read that one chapter I posted yesterday. I ended up taking it down because I felt like I was being to whiney. So here's today's chapter, it's dedicated to Pj4406 ! She has never failed to vote on a chapter which is amazing considering my terrible writing. 😁 have a fantabulous couple days and be sure to vote, comment, follow and share with your friends!

Trigger: suicide, harassment, depression

A street lamp flickered on the narrow street, the echo of heeled feet on the pavement echoed through the inky blackness as rain poorer down on Rachel. The wind was gently howling as she continued to stroll down the lane, tears mixing in with rain drops as she continued. She was blissfully unaware of where she was going or what she planned to do when she got there but she knew for certain she needed to do something. She loved Finn with all her heart, he was her rock and she couldn't bare to loose him, However, her mind seemed to have taken a course of its own and everything seemed like a blur. Rachel had always thought about killing herself, from a very young age she had never seen the downside to suicide. You got to pick how you die, when you die, where you die and then afterwords everyone pays attention to you. As a small child she used to worry people by spending so much time obsessing over the subject but she never tried anything. It got worse with age and she began to have panic attacks about everything and have trouble finding any good in life. When she had tried to kill her self a few months ago she had had a phone, she hadn't made that mistake this time. This time she was going to do it, going to die.
________________________________
Kurt was tired, he had had a very long week and the only word to describe his current mood was just that, tired. Blaine was laying at his feet doing something on his phone while Kurt was falling in and out of sleep while reading his history textbook. Blaine put his phone down on the bed and curled up next to his boyfriend making a sound that Kurt could only describe as a mix of a kitten meowing and a toddler babbling.
"I'm sleepy." Whined Blaine, cuddling up into the taller boys chest.

"So am I but I have to read this by Monday." Replied Kurt gesturing to the 300 page book he was 50 pages into.

Blaine let out a whimper and looked at Kurt with puppy dog eyes.

"Geez, fine. But if I fail history I'm blaming you." Said Kurt, placing both the book and the cell phone on the bedside table and rolling over to straddle Blaine.

Of course, at that moment Blaines phone decided to go off and Kurt reached for it.

"Trent🕶💎⚔️" read the screen, showing a cheesy photo of Blaine and Trent at warblers rehearsal.

"Somebody better be f--king dead to call you this late." Said Kurt taking the phone in his hands

"Hello?" Said Kurt into the cell phone, only sounding slightly annoyed, a triumph as Trent had just called his boyfriend at 1:45 am.

"Hey Blaine." Answered a worried voice.

"It's Kurt, what's wrong?" Asked Kurt now fully awake, he could tell something was up.

"Oh hey Kurt, I was calling to tell you.... your friend Rachel, she's...she's..."

"TRENT WHAT?!? SHE'S WHAT?!?" Cried Kurt into the receiver, tears streaming down his face. Praying he was wrong.

"She's... we think she's.... dead." Cried Trent between sobs.

Kurt's wasn't aware of dropping the phone, but the crack on Blaines screen would later convince him he had. This wasn't real, this wasn't happening, this was just a dream. A nightmare he could wake up out of. He caught felt a person moving around him and looked to see Blaine in front of him looking terrified.

"Kurt, Kurt honey. What's wrong?"

"I, I ..." he collapsed into sobs again.

"Kurt I need you to tell me what happened." Said Blaine, reminding Kurt of Emma's integrations of him.

"Rachel's dead." He managed to say, tears flooding his face.

A few minutes later Blaine looked back at Kurt and put down his phone.

"Come on." Said Blaine between sobs.

"We need to go to the hospital, I talked to Wes. She tried to jump off a bridge, the warblers found her while they were on their camping retreat. She's hurt but they say she'll make it."

The next hour and a half went by in a haze for Kurt, Blaine was driving like a maniac and the march air whipped by the windows. Kurt couldn't believe this, this was all his fault. He was her friend, he should have known, should have done something but he didn't. As the car pulled into the Westerville hospital, Kurt raced out of the passenger seat and ran up to an ER worker, still in his pajamas.

"Rachel Berry." He said to her.

"She's in an ICU unit, are you immediate family?" Said the worker lazily.

Knowing they wouldn't let him in if he wasn't Kurt lied.

"Yes, I'm her brother."

"ID?"

"I left it at my house."

"Really?"

"I got a call my sister jumped off a bridge, I was in a bit of a rush."

"Okay follow me." Whispered the worker, walking Kurt back to a room.

Kurt had been in many hospital rooms in his life but this was by far the most depressing. The entire space had been stripped of anything sharp or pointy and a police officer stood guard to keep her from trying anything.

"Hi, I'm officer Kenneth Harold. You must be Rachel's family." Said the police officer reaching out his hand to Kurt.

"Yeah, she's my sister." He said, looking past Kenneth at the girl lying in the bed in front of him.

"She had cuts, bruises and bandages all over and had tubes doing everything for her.

"Kurt?!?"

"Rachel!" Kurt cried looking at the girl.

" I'm sorry, she whispered, I'm so sorry."

"Shhhh, it's not your fault. We're gonna help you, your gonna be okay." Soothed Kurt hugging her frail body.
________________________________
Blaine sat in the waiting room with the warblers when he realized something.

"Oh my god!"

"What?!" Said the warblers in unison.

"I need to tell Finn."
________________________________
That was sad, I know but I always thought Rachel had some kind of depression and I really wanted to address that. And just so all my finchel shippers don't hate me, this is a set up for a plot line about those two😘. Have a great week, and PLEASE vote.