Chapter 27

I have a lot going on in my life right now, and so I'm going to update when I can. I promise I'm not going to abandon this story and I won't go more than about three weeks without updating but I just can't guarantee anything right now. I hope you like this chapter, it's dedicated to MCR_finchel_phandom .

Я не обладаю glee (guess what language and comment, no using google translate)

Jesse St. James was not a particularly reckless driver, quite to the contrary he was always very careful to handle himself safely behind the wheel as to not rupture his amazing talent or flawless physic. However, that evening he was speeding through the abandoned Ohio streets like there was no tomorrow, music blaring in his ears. He needed to get to Rachel, needed to hold her, to comfort her, to let her know it was all going to be okay. Perhaps he should explain what happened, he had met Rachel by accident, had developed a friendship and a crush on her by accident it wasn't until Shelby mentioned her long lost daughter that he had put two and two together, I fortunately he had told Shelby about this and she decided to ruin everything. But Shelby didn't send him to McKinley, he chose to go. He genuinely liked Rachel, he always had and he knew in his heart of heart of hearts that he always would. Their breakup had been messy involving a lot of tears from both and even more unfortunately Jesse developing a distaste for scrambled eggs. He had stayed in vocal adrenaline, unsure of what else to do but his life had faded into a blur of emotions, occasionally joined by solos. But the fact remained, he loved Rachel, he had tried everything he could think of to contact her. But he hadn't gotten a reply until a few nights ago when she had sent him an email, confessing she felt the same way. He had jumped for joy and danced around his room unfortunately the triumph was short lived as he had revived a call the next morning from Sue Sylvester informing him that HIS Rachel had tried to take her own life. Jesse had been left broken, tears streaming down his face as he collapsed on the Carmel stage in front of all of vocal adrenaline. Usually such embarrassment would be grounds for changing his name and moving to a remote island off the coast of Estonia but in that moment he didn't care. Jesse had been fighting the urge to go to Lima since he found out and Rachel's message, as simple as it may be was a green light go and Jesse had practically sprinted to his car and blared the engine. That is how he found himself going 120 miles an hour on a speed limit of fifty.

An angel must have been looking over Jesse that night because he actually managed to arrive at the Lima hospital without injury or more likely conviction. He sprinted to the desk and was met by a red headed women who looked too young to be out of college and certainly too young to be a nurse. She looked up at him unamused, oblivious to Jesse's pain a fact that sparked fire in Jesse's brain, anger for ginger overpowering his sleep deprived body.

"I'm here to see Rachel Berry." He said, making it clear he would be seeing her weather they allowed him in or not.

"Just a moment ." Shrugged the "nurse" who then typed something into her computer slowly while sipping a comedically large Starbucks frappuccino.

"Room 352, but you won't be able to visit her until visiting hours." Replied the nurse blandly as though she wanted nothing less than to be here.

"And when exactly ARE visiting hours?" Inquired Jesse anxious to see Rachel and very impatient for stupidity.

"Ten am to eight pm." Sighed the women, still pulling out an issue of US magazine and propping up her bare feet on the side of her desk.

"Fine, I'll wait." He sneered, sitting in a seat directly in front of her and glaring at her.

"Let me guess your father will hear about this?"
She replied, pulling out an issue of US magazine and beginning to read.

"My father is a rather high ranked city official!" Jesse sneered oblivious.

The nurse actually broke out laughing at this, "I don't know, Tom Felton was a bit more attractive BUT you've really got the personality nailed."

"Who the hell is Tom, Rachel docent know a Tom?!? You let her visit with a stranger?"

"Oh my god! Just go, third sort on the left, I don't want to deal with you."

"Very well." He replied Cooley before strutting through the doors. One on the other side he collapsed in a fit of laughter, he couldn't believe that actually worked. He did have a certain knack for charming people, however being able to annoy an overly caffeinated nurse by acting like Draco Malfoy was a first. He thought he had played the part well, however next time he might add in a reference to having a large estate but there was always room to improve.

He stopped at the third door and braced himself, ready to see Rachel at her worst. He knocked gently and to his surprise the door flew open and his senses were overpowered, brown hair in his face, Chanel number five in his lungs, a small body jumping into his arms and wrapping their legs around his hips and what sounded like a mix of sobs and laughter in his finely tuned ears.

"Hey Rach." He whispered cupping his hand around her face and pulling her away to meeting him eye-to-eye.

"Hey Jesse!" She said grinning broadly at him and gently twirling her hair, she did not have the look of a girl who just tried to kill her self and got dumped by her long time boyfriend.

"Can I ask you something?" He said slowly, gently placing her on the bed and crawling up next to her.

"Yeah, what do you want to know?"

"Everything."