school

*not really a love story*

I hear the sharp ring of the school bell, and get up from my hard plastic chair. I walk to the cafeteria, the loud noise of teenagers screaming everywhere. I go to the water bottles and grab one, pay and go to sit in the corner, by myself, like usual.

I sit quietly, silent tears finding their way down my face. Memories of that mornings math class resurface in my mind, and I roughly scratch at my forearm. Droplets of blood start to form on the spots that I pressed down deeply. I grab the water bottle, and pour some onto a torn up napkin some kid must have left.

I press it down onto my arm and let it soak up the blood, some of the water dripping onto my jeans. A group of kids sit a few tables away from my corner, so I look up to see who. I look back down, my face turning to a deep crimson color.

John Laurens.

My crush for like. Forever.

He's sitting with his friends, Lafayette, Hercules, and Aaron. I play around with my school i.d., not wanting to be here, wanting to be gone, from everything.

I hear a scream and laughing come from the table, and I look up. They must have spilt something all over the table because the teachers are making them move.

Crap.

They're moving to the table next to me. The table only has room for three of them, so Lafayette sits in the seat across from me.

"Mon ami are you okay?" I hear a french voice ask. I nod, not wanting to have to lie.

"Alex?" Someone says. I look up, and at where the voice is "Alex is something wrong?"

"No I'm fine." I whisper, to the man I've had a crush on for the past 4 months. They take this as their cue to not try any more, so they go back to talking about girls.

The bell rings, so I stand up and walk back to my classroom. Before I walk back in I hear someone call out my name, but I just walk faster.

***

The bell rings, and I get up to walk to lunch. Just like how I had the previous day, I get a water bottle and go to sit by myself. Laurens and his friends sit at the place they had the other day. I look down again, but this time I stare at my thighs in disgust.

"Too big."

I look at my waist, looking particularly curvy in the shirt I'm wearing

"Too fat."

Tears start to fall down my face and I scratch at my arm, small beads of blood already dripping down my arm.

"A-are you okay?" Someone says from behind me. I panic, my face turning red. I wipe my arm and eyes off, and look up, only to see the last person I needed to look at.

"I'm fine." I whisper, my voice slightly cracking. He sits down across from me, a sad look on his face.

"Are you sure?" He asks again, not even trying to hide the concern.

"Positive." I lie through my teeth. He nods, but I can tell he want's to say more. He gets up and goes back to his original table, but know he's still looking at me.

***

I stinging sensation lingers in my cheek as the boy slinks off to go laugh with his friend.

I already know there's going to be a mark there.

The bell rings, so I walk in the direction of the study hall, people shoving me against the wall as I walk. I finally arrive to my sanctuary, but the teacher is different. I sit in the front, right next to the pole so I can lean against it.

"No talking, no noises, no laptops or you're going strait to the office." The teacher sneers out. I grab a book from the shelf and start to read, and read, and read. My eyes start to go blurry.

I forgot my glasses.

The bell rings again, so I walk back to my homebase, silently pleading for the day to be over.

When it is, I grab my bag and run to my bus, awaiting another forty five minutes of stares, whispers, and wanting to die. 

*****

Hi. not a normal oneshot but I really like this one because well this is essentially my life. 

All including the sitting alone, crush, slap, being shoved by the big groups that don't care to move, the scratching. everything. Now don't go feeling bad for me in the comments I'm fine I'm used to it. but thank you so much for reading that's crazy 1.6 k reads wow. ok byyyeeee