Chapter 6: (A short Chapter)

I open my eyes and I see a hazy figure taking place before me. I rub my eyes as they slowly adjust to the light of the room.

“Hey Axel,” I say as I get up.

“Yo. You stayed up late last night talking to Daichi. Here’s some food. They call them Cream Puffs.”

Axel handed me a Cream Puff as I put it into my mouth and let the cold cream burst onto my tong over the soft outside.

“Thanks” I thank Axel.

“No problem. You okay? That was some intense conversation you guys had there with the whole twins things and fate thing and…Umm….What was going on?”Axel asks.

I sighed, “Fine, I will tell you. But I’m not repeating myself so listen well.” 

So I explain the story of my brother.

“Daichi said that all the problems of the queen disappearance and my twin brother and the heartless are connected. He said to find answers I may be putting my life in danger. I’m willing to do that, Axel. I need answers.” I explain.

“I see,” Axel says in a hushed voice.

He wrapped his arms around me, “We are all a team now. Don’t take the entire burden on yourself. You can share it with us and together we can move on. I know that you’re a kind of person that doesn’t want to hold others back and make them worry or falter, that’s the kind of person you are and I understand that…” Axel looked down a little and his cheeks turned a little pink, “its okay to be selfish. If it’s you, I can handle a little bit of selfishness.” Axel’s large warm hand pats my head and messes up my bangs.

I don’t know how to react. No one has patted me on the head before. No one had given me the relief or the option of having another person there for me since my brother.

The throbbing comes back as I hold my arm.

“It’s the stigma again. Don’t pass out this time. What do you usually do to get the pain away?” Axel asks.

“I only had this pain once. It was on the night my brother left,” I informed Axel. The pain spread though my body. I felt like needles where being engraved into my arm…It feels like someone was putting a needle into my arm and turning the needle, almost trying to poke a hole in my arm and trying to make it bigger.

“Owwwwww…..” I gasp. The pain has now spread to my neck. I am trying to hold my tears back. Axel wraps his arm around me.

“I’m here for you. Got it memorized?”

As soon as his voice was out, as soon as his large hands comforted me, the pain stopped.

“It’s okay now,” I told Axel, “You did some kind of magic trick to make the pain in my arm stop.”

“I did? Sure. Okay…You know, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you. Why would your brother kiss you? I mean…that’s just kind of…eww…” Axel finally managed to say.

I shake my head, “I don’t know. I don’t love him in a romantic--”

Soft lips against mine, arms holding me warm, his chest giving off body heat…warm, gentle.

We break free of each other.

“Axel?” I ask.

“I’ll meet you downstairs. The others are waiting.”

Then Axel heads down the stairs.