Chapter 8:

Chapter 8:

My eyes flicker open. Mom! I sit up quickly.

“Calm down,” I hear a voice say. I look to the right. Axel’s sitting. I look around. I’m on a bed in an office with Axel.

“What…?” I begin.

“Michael found you passed out in front of the portrait of the Queen. He told me that he heard you mumbling ‘mom’ over and over.”

“I thought I saw…” I begin.

“Fill me in on what happened,” Axel ordered, in more of an assuring way than a bossy way.

***

“That’s weird,” Axel says, obviously thinking out loud.

“I understand!” I gasp in realization. “The visions I saw connect to the book Daichi showed me. I think I saw a vision of how the Queen and her baby escaped. But something killed the Queen. I don’t know what happened to the baby nor do I know who killed the Queen. Maybe it was the same person that killed the Queen’s husband.”

“From your point of view, you where the baby,” Axel said, hesitating.

“I guess.”

“Are you sure you are not the Queen’s daughter?” Axel asks.

“I don’t feel like I am. I don’t have the feeling that I am her daughter,” I answer.

“Yeah, you’re not her daughter. I am,” A female voice rang throughout my head.

Am I hearing things?

“Axel, did you hear that?” I ask.

“Hear what?” Axel asks, puzzled.

“Honey, you’re the only one that can hear me. Yeah dear, I’m your problem now.”

I gasp. I’m not crazy! I am not! Am I really hearing a voice inside me?

“Okay, if you’re this thing inside me, tell me who you are!” I think harshly.

I already told you. Never let a princess repeat herself. I told you – I’m the Queen’s daughter. Don’t worry dear. We just share the same brain for now. Soon, I’ll be whole again. You don’t mind do you? The Queen wants me to live, she died protecting me so you’re just here as my protection until I become whole again.”

My brain started to click. Things start to take shape. Understanding is born within me. I understand (for the most part) what’s going on.

“So you’re telling me that I have your memories and your personality. In other words, I have your mind. When your body is ready to accept your mind, I have to go there and transfer your mind into your body. I will do so, since the Queen wants this, since you’re the princess. But how do we do that?” I think/ask.

There’s silence. Princess isn’t answer. Just when I gave up, I hear her whisper softly:

“My name is Clara Annie.”

With that piece of information the voice died out.

“Are you okay? You’ve been spaced out for a while,” Axel’s voice came into sound.

“Sorry, I was just thinking about something,” I answer. “I think I’ll go back to the garden.”

“Not like that, no,” Axel says, pointing to my clothes. I look down: a large, white t-shirt and big, baggy red boxers. I blush, turning as red as the boxers. “This is…?” I ask.

“Hey, your dress was soaked and it was kind of see-through. I got some of my stuff and well…Don’t worry, I was closing my eyes!” Axel explains, flustered.

“Axel! How do I get to my room without anyone seeing?!” I scream. 

“Here!” Axel threw his black cloak at me, “put that on and then go.” I scrambled to get it on.

We both walk awkwardly to my room. I open the door, hand Axel his cloak, thank him and go inside.

I rush to the shower and clean myself. Then, I slip on a white dress. The white dress has wide, filly straps. The bottom of the dress also has frills. There is a large ribbon my hip where I tie the dress on me.

I tie my hair with a white ribbon as my bags fall against my face. I slip on white sandals.

I head toward the laundry room in the large room and wash Axel’s clothes and dry them. When they where dry, I reach for the door, hoping to take the clothes to Axel’s room. I open the door and I see Axel still standing there.

“Axel, what are you still doing here?” I ask.

“I had a feeling you were going to wash my clothes and return them to me.”

I hand him his clothes, “here.”

“Ask him! Ask him when an eclipse and when a full mood is to come!” The princess hisses.

“Um, hey Axel,” I begin.

“Hm?”

“Do you know it there is a full moon soon? Maybe and eclipse?” I ask.

“Full moon in three days. Eclipse in a month, go it memorized? Why do you ask? Let me guess, you heard about the eclipse celebration we have?” Axel asks.

“Take that excuse, honey.”

“I guess,” I say. “Celebration? Can you tell me about it?”

“All of us gather and play games and try to win prizes. It’s like a thing for us to work together better – to bond,” Axel explains.

“Cool!” I say, suddenly exited.

“Don’t give your hopes up. You have to wear something kind of casual, but nice, but not over done like…”

“Like when you go to a fancyish restaurant?” I ask.

Axel nods, “Yep.”

Oh! I have to decide on an outfit! I can’t wait. “Bye Axel. I have to start getting ready as soon as possible for the celebration!” I yell over my shoulder as I run to my room to see what outfits I have.

“Enjoy what you have of your remaining life, Yuina. No, your real name’s Autumn, ‘cause you ain’t the princess, love. ”