Chapter 14 & 15

Chapter 14: Battle

My wake-up call is the hoot of an owls and the harsh blowing of the wind. I get up as the tree branches scratch against my window with a screeching sound.  I make my way down stairs, turning the solid, metal doorknob in my hand to softly close the door. I top toe down the stairs and meet Axel. We attack tonight: Axel, Clio, and I. Of course, we have a lot of help from the puppets and robots Clio made.

I nod to Axel and Clio we are ready.

We wear our light but protective clothes: Quarter length silk pants, ankle-high boots, gloves, short sleeves, helmet. Under all this, we have a substance known as – Kurium. Kurium: A substance harder than iron but lighter than a feather. It is bendable so the body can move. It provides protection from swords, bullets, lasers, falling rocks, etc. It can help in a person fly. This material absorbs natural energy from the opponent and some from nature. That energy is given to the person wearing this (under the silk outfit). It increases speed and allows one to be more precise when it comes to aim. In this, Clio has made a programming: “ProGo350.” This programming allows communication will allow communication between other teammates and will help in the control of the robots. Also, this programming also collects information on the opponent. It also acts like a mini internet- allowing it’s user to search whatever he/she likes. This invention also helps with multitasking, concentration, strength, using one’s surroundings to their advantage, reading and opponent’s mind and movements, and it helps find the enemy’s weakness. It even helps with teleportation.

The plan:

Send team A (there are teams A-E) puppets and robots to attack (most likely there are other opponents besides the prince).  Clio sets up barrier to trap Prince and everyone else. Axel distracts Prince. I purify prince with my new technique: Light Blade.

REPORT!

Teleportation of puppets: Successful.

Barrier: Successful.

“Axel, after you distract Prince, what will you do?” I ask.

“Distract the Prince even more, back you up, help Clio out, make traps for Prince, get more people to help out, be the robot and puppet fixer, supply more poison and stuff… Something…”  

Okay, that works…I guess.

The bell sounds, telling me it’s my time to go up. I get transported to a black palace touched by some layers of gold. The air feels electrifying. I don’t like the intimidating vibe coming from this place.

I sprint forward. I make sure to keep my eyes in front of me most of the time, but I let my eyes wonder to make sure there aren’t any traps. A small flash of light from the right, just for a moment, but there was a flash.

I jump up into the air, and just in time. Any moment later and a laser would have pierced my upper arm.

In the air, I take out a long rope made from ProGo350. I swing it, and it grabs on to part of the place. I lounge forward with a jerk and swing onto the roof.

With the hard bricks and the small cracks I feel under my feet, I know I made it and I continue to run. I am running so fast that the wind whips my face and makes it sting in the process. 

I look for an entrance- a window, a door, maybe a vent. Yet, I stand in front of a chimney. Merry early Christmas, Prince. Wait until you see the gift I got you.

“Really, you’re going to go down a chimney. How cliché.” I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around only to get stabbed with a laser though the stomach. The burning pain spreads through my stomach and soon becomes numb along with my knees.