Chapter 10:

Chapter 10:

“Hey, does the ritual take that long? They are about 4 weeks apart (the time when the full moon starts and the eclipse ends),” I mentally ask. “Also, what’s your full name. You said it was Clara Annie.”

The part you have to play takes about two weeks to be completed. So, it takes two weeks for you to really die. Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt. The water just slowly takes away your energy. I don’t really like the name Yuina as much as Clara Annie,” Princess Clara Annie explains.

“Who do you think is going to try and get in the way of the ritual?” I mentally ask.

“Someone who wants darkness to fill the world, I’m guessing,” Princess explains. “Please, call me Clara.”

I smile. “Thanks!” I think.

“Your heart is so warm and cheerful, happy. It’s filled with flowers and fresh air. Do you mind if I have Clio for myself?” She hesitates when asking.

I smile brightly, “Clio would love you! You both have that sameness. Your mom was right about who you might like!”

“You know, I tried to hate your brother when I read the book. I guess I couldn’t help it after all.”

“Hey Clara?” I ask “how come Clio killed our…his parents?”

“His heart become dark could be manipulated by dark magic. The darkness got the better of him. But you, you didn’t waver one bit. Clio is truly magnificent, to be able to let people lived while completely possessed and with his happy feelings taken away!” Clara gushes.

Clara led me into the basement part of the castle/palace. She tells me to look for a curtain with a music box in water sown on. I find the curtain with the picture and lift up the curtain. I find a door with notes carved on to it.

“You have to sing part of that lullaby,” Clara instructs.

“Under the sky the sun guards…” I sing as I hear the door unlock. I push open the door and see a spiral of stairs. I close the door behind me and lock it up to make sure no one could stop me.

I head down the stairs. I reach another door carved with notes. I sing once more, push past the door, and lock it. This process goes on about five more times.

“Here we are. This place is called Williatrilla,” Clara tells me.

“Williatrilla…” I gasp in amazement. It has a large marble fountain as large as a pool but only ankle high. From one side, a carving of a winged angel has water coming out of her mouth. I look over and gasp. I see a beautiful girl trapped inside a bar of clear crystal. The girl has wavy-straight hair that goes down to her ankle. Her hair is so blonde, it’s almost white. She has long, curved eyelashes. Her curves are balanced well. Not too much, not too little. She wears a white, long, and frilly dress that goes well with her crown, jewelry, and other accessories. 

“That is the body that has been preserved for me.  Just so you know, I have hazel eyes,” Clara tells me. “Now, this may make you a little uncomfortable but you have to do this in just your underwear, a brain, spirit, and feelings cannot pass though too many layers of clothes. When I mean underwear, I mean the little dress you wear under your outer dress – the old fashioned underwear. “

My cheeks burn a little. Since Clara is a girl, it’s not that embarrassing. I do as she says.

“Now, lay your back on the fountain floor. You should be able to breathe in that water during the ritual. Only during the ritual will this work.”

I lay down on my back, the cool water calming me. I can breathe and feel the cool waves brushing against me in the water. Everything is so bright and colorful underwater. Nice, soothing, relaxing. I look at myself and my cheeks burn again. The old fashioned underwear turns somewhat transparent in water. I could see my bra and actual underwear.

Slowly, I start to feel sleepy. The water is draining my energy. Memories of mother and father fade. Memories of coming to this world fade. Most of my memories start to fade, but not all.

Not before long, I close my eyes, unable to keep them open. The only sign that I am still alive is the sound of the water hitting against my ears, and that is not much of a sign.

The sounds start to dim out and I smile. From this moment on Autumn will not exist. The revival of Clio and Clara takes place. I allow myself to relax...

At that moment there is strange movement in the water. I am so dizzy I cannot see very clearly when I open my eyes. Everything is hazy. However, I can feel someone lifting me out of the water, my head heavy from water bobbing as the person carrying me goes up stairs.

I want to tell the person its okay. That I don’t want to be saved… But who says this person is here to save me? Who says this person will do as I want? Either way I tried to move and stop the person, but my body would only respond to me by the movement of my fingers.