Chapter 7:

I hesitated.  “I’m not sure yet…Michael truth or dare?”

“Dare,” Michael says with a strange smile on his face.

“I dare you to tell me if you are a player or not,” I respond without thinking.

Michael’s jaw dropped, “Excuse me?”

“Are you a player, yes or no? I only want the truth,” I repeat.

“What brought that up?” Michael asks as he gets kind of nervous.

“Okay, you’re a player. I get it, next person,” I say.

“Wait! I didn’t answer yet!” Michael said, obviously startled.

“You didn’t need to. I have all the information I need (from your reaction).”

“Axel, truth or dare?” Michael asks angrily.

“Dare…” Axel says.

“Kiss the one you like most in here,” Michael smiles at me. I roll my eyes. I think Axel likes someone else a little more than me. He’s been here longer after all.

Axel gets up and starts to come my way.

It’s not me.

He is only a few inches away from me.

It’s not me.

He’s even closer as he closes his eyes.

It’s not me.

Lips together, they kiss as I nod my head in approval. Michael’s jaw drops and everyone is staring with wide eyes at the kissing scene between Axel and Ant. Axel lets go of the kiss and sit back down in his spot.

“Yuina, truth or dare?” Axel asks.

“Truth.”

“Do you cry often?” Axel asks.

“Not really.”

The game ends because everyone has had their sock for the day.

“Lucky I had my camera!” Dylan tells the other boys. Aw, poor Ant and Axel.

“Can I see the picture?” I ask Dylan.

“Sure,” Dylan says, taken by surprise. The second he hands the camera to me, the second I delete the picture.

“What was that for?!” Dylan says disappointedly.

“For my friends,” I snap back.

I walk out of the room with my pride and head towards the garden. While I make my way down the marble stairs and past the double doors, I bump into Ant and Axel.

“Sorry,” I say.

“Thanks for deleting the picture there,” Ant replies.

“You knew all along I was going to kiss Ant, right?” Axel asks and I nod in response.

Axel smiles, “You observe people well.”

“Thanks,” I say with any voice left in me. I head past another pair of doors into the garden.

The sunlight beats down gently while the Cherry Blossom, Apple Blossom, and green trees shade me a little. There are bushes of flowers along with a tall maze. I see roses, tulips, sunflowers, irises, blue bells, lilies, and many more flowers with vivid colors.

I breathe and the scent of flowers invades my body as I begin to blush.

Axel smiled. I saw him smile at me. His red hair (red not orange-looking) hair against his peach face, his emerald-jade eyes sparkling and dazzling…even stranger, his eyelashes where long, darks red… His bed-head hair and bangs went over his face a little in such a cute way…

I open my eyes only to have my vision blur.

“Do you ever cry?”

“Not really.”

------------------

“Your father is in danger. We are in danger. We shall flee this kingdom and I shall take you to a safe place, little one,” A soft voice ensures me.

A beautiful, elegant lady with honey-sickle eyes and redish-brown hair is burning some things.

“Time for me to sing you to sleep, when you wake, you will forget this place and forget its destiny along with it,” the enchanting woman whispers kindly. Once again the woman opens her mouth for me to hear the soft melody and words she sings to the music box’s tune.

Under the Sky the Sun guards

Fate comes meaner and scarier than ever

But I will protect you

My little one

My loved one

The musical note started to move. I shattered into many smaller notes, the lyrics of the song started to appear.

Under the Sky the Sun guards

Fate comes meaner and Scarier than ev-er

But I will protect You

My little one

My loved one

So don’t be af-raid

Even though I will not see you

I rest within you

Until the day

Our hearts match

And we

Awaken…”

The woman sings and sings…When it is late; together we disappear into the night. Before long, the woman disappears too, and I am left alone in the darkness.

My eyes widen. Was that a dream? No. My eyes where open the whole time. If that much is true what did I see? I decide to go to my room. I turn around and find a flowery wall. The thought hits me “I’m in the garden maze!” When did I get here?

Is it a good idea to find my way out, all alone? What better way to use my time than trying to get out of a maze?!

Enie, meanie, miney, mo….So I go down the right path. Not before long, my heart throbs and the image of the elegant woman comes back again. The image of her falling to the floor drenched and soaked in blood.

I scream. I run. I frantically try to get out of this maze. Then I see the doors I came out from and I feel so helplessly relived. I push past the doors and head for my room. Along the way, I get lost. Who wouldn’t in such a big castle? I see a portrait. The portrait of the woman I saw in the visions. The caption read “Our Beloved Queen: Lissareolette Sumique Camage.”

MOM! I think before I fall to the floor.