Chapter 9- Adrenaline Rush

Josiah's chest rose and fell as he slowly regained his composure. His head pulsed from hitting the hard floor. He blinked around to readjust himself to the light. As he looked around, he saw that he was tied to the chair. His feet rested in the air, as the chair lay on the ground. Searching the room in a panic, he caught a glimpse of chocolate brown eyes peering in the window. He shook his head knowing that it was Andrea. He could see the concern swarming in her eyes, but he didn't want her to help. He couldn't allow her to get hurt. Not to save him. It was too big of a risk, one that he didn't want her to take.

Voices filling the room tore him away from looking out the window. He tried to make out whom the voices belong to, but found that concentrating gave him a bigger migraine. Suddenly his chair was whipped up, and he came face to face with Gavin once again. Gavin didn't hold the same vicious look anymore. He seemed to be annoyed. The tapping of foot, stole Josiah's attention. Turning towards the sound, Gavin and Josiah saw Alicia with a smirk written on her face. Panic began to arise in Josiah again. Thoughts began to swarm in and out of his mind. Are they in on this together? What the hell is wrong with these people? What kind of freaky crap are they into? His thoughts stopped instantly as Alicia's hand rose with a revolver pointed at Gavin.

Hatred was written across Alicia's face. She stepped closer to Gavin, and pressed the gun against his chest. His body instantly went still. He could feel his heart beating loudly in his ears, as he stared into the eyes of the woman he once loved. Alicia's eyes held no remorse for what she was doing. Cocking the hammer on the gun, she asked with anger, "Do you really think that I'm going to give my position up to a woman like Andrea? I worked hard to be the trophy wife that I am, and you think that you're going to leave me for her? You actually think killing Josiah will get that woman to love you?"

"You're one to talk. I know you've been cheating on me. For a long time you have, and as soon as I find something that I like, you wanna come in here and act like I cheated on you. I've never cheated on you. Not once even when you deserved it!"

"Well you're not going to get Andrea, because I have a bullet with her name on it," Alicia said with venom, pushing the mouth of the gun harder into Gavin's chest.

Hearing these words, Josiah began to thrash in the chair trying his best to free himself. He couldn't let anything happen to Andrea, especially not from the pyscho couple. Alicia pointed the gun at Josiah, causing him to freeze instantly. She looked at him with a smirk, but it quickly turned into a playful smile. Confusion spread across Josiah's face as he tried to figure out what was going on. Before he could come to a conclusion, Gavin hit Alicia upside the head with a rod from the floor. Her body went slump onto the hard floor.

As her body landed with a thud, a male's voice filled the room. Gavin spun quickly holding the rod above his head. His eyes landed on his friend, and was confused as to why he was there. Gavin looked from Tyler to Alicia, and knew that there was something that he had missed. Anger filled Gavin as he looked at his friend. Swiftly he picked up the revolver that lay next to Alicia unconscious body, and pointed it at Tyler.

Moving closer to Tyler, Gavin was fuming. His face was cherry red as he stepped closer to his "best friend". Tyler hadn't taken his eyes off of Alicia, who slowly had blood pouring from the back of her head. Growing even angrier, Gavin pressed the gun to Tyler's temple, making him snap out of his trance. Tyler began to panic, but didn't move from his spot at the entrance of the room. "What the hell are you doing here Tyler? Why are you with my wife?"
"She called me bro. I was just here to help her out," Tyler said as he trembled.

Removing the gun from his temple, Tyler sighed in relief. Before he could relax fully, Gavin pulled the trigger, sending the bullet through Tyler's skull. The room rang with the piercing sound from the gun. Tyler's body lay lifeless in the floor. Josiah's eyes were as big as quarters as he watched Tyler's blood paint the floor. Gavin stared at his friend's body before turning and walking out the door, leaving Gavin to be engulfed in the death that surrounded him.

Andrea hugged her body as she saw Gavin shoot the man. She pressed her body against the house, letting the cool brick calm some of the emotions that ran rapid through her body. She froze as she heard a door shut. Slouching down behind the bush, Andrea hid. She heard the sounds of a lighter firing up. Peering over the bush, she saw Gavin with his back to her. She looked down at the gun in her hand, and then back at him. She had to get Josiah out of there. If Gavin could shoot a man point blank, and swat his wife upside the head with a pipe, he would surely kill Josiah.

Quickly jumping out of the bushes, Andrea fired the pistol twice hitting Gavin twice in the thigh. She sprinted passed his body running into the house. Turning to the room, she saw the man's legs lying in the doorway. Ignoring the blood that coated the floor, she ran over to Josiah who was frozen staring into space. Andrea pulled the box cutter from the worktable, and cut the zip ties off of Josiah. Tears began to race down her face, as she notice Josiah hadn't said a word. She rubbed his face, and tried to get him to snap out of his daze.

Blinking back into reality, Josiah noticed the beautiful woman in front of him. He quickly threw his arms around her body, pressing kisses to her cheek. A soft chuckle escaped her lips. She scanned over his body, and saw the cuts and bruises that he had endured during his torture. Cupping her face, Josiah said, "I can't believe you came for me."
"You would do it for me my love. I couldn't let anything happen to you," she said leaning into his hand.

Helping him to his feet, Andrea began to lead them out of the house. Josiah hobbled as they went down the porch steps. They froze as they heard a gun shot ring through the air. Acting on instinct, Josiah pushed Andrea behind him. They looked around, searching for the source of the sound. Gavin approached them; dragging the leg that Andrea shot him in. Andrea pushed herself back in front of Gavin, before saying, "Stop Gavin. That's enough."
"No Andrea. You're going to come with me."
"Why would I do something idiotic like that?"
"Because if you don't, I'll kill the both of you right where you stand. You're standing in gasoline," Gavin said nonchalantly. Looking down at their feet, Andrea and Josiah looked at one another. Andrea froze as Gavin pointed a flare gun at the couple. Gavin motioned for her to come towards him. She felt that she was glued to the floor, but could move only after a slight push from Josiah.

Looking at Andrea with sorrowful eyes, Josiah knew that he had to get her away from him. She had done so much to rescue him, but he couldn't let her die because of him. He kissed her hand before pushing her away again. He turned his head as a tear made its way down her cheek. She took another step before looking back at him. Andrea turned to face Gavin, who was simply smirking at them. She moved slowly towards him, her heartbeat was the only sound that she could hear. Her body stopped moving as a piercing sound ripped through the air, cancelling out any other sound.

A/N: Idk what's up with the format. I tried to fix it several times, but I couldn't. I hope that you guys like this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Thanks for reading –Toia <3