Chapter 10- The Great Escape

Silence filled the air, as the sound rang out. Looking down at her dress, Andrea felt the moisture of blood spread across her dress. She fell to her knees gasping for air. Panic began to fill her body, and she tried to grasp holding on to anything to keep planted to Earth. Looking at Gavin, she stifled a cry trying to figure out what was going on. She looked for some type of sign, but didn't receive one from him.  Gavin's eyes rolled to the back of his head before his body fell to the floor.

Blood poured down his chest, and spread out over the fresh green grass. He became one with the earth. His chest rose slowly, but quickly fell again. His head fell to the side, and his eyes shut slowly. Andrea fell to her back, staring up at the stars twinkling in the sky. She saw the beauty of the earth, knowing that soon she would lose that beauty, and wouldn't be around to admire it anymore. Josiah's head soon came into view. He had a panicked look in his eyes, and was shaking Andrea softly. He looked down at her clothes, and noticed the blood spreaded across her tattered dress. 

Tearing a piece of his shirt, he placed it over the bullet wound that poured with blood. Andrea looked at him with disbelief and said, "I can't believe that you shot me."
"Baby I had to think of something to get him away from you."
"But you shot me."
"I have to get you to a hospital right now baby."
"But you fucking shot me."
"It's just a shoulder wound," Josiah said trying to comfort her. He picked her up weakly as they moved towards the car.

Alicia woke with a sharp pain thrashing in her head. She grabbed it wanting the pain to stop. She felt that a band was having practice inside her head, causing her brain to pulse. Moving her hand away from her head, she saw that her hands were covered in blood. Sitting up, she noticed that her clothes were also blood soaked. Feeling down her body, she searched for any sign of injury. Her eyes dashed around the room, as she tried to find the source of the blood.

Tears began to fall down her cheeks, as she saw Tyler lying in a pool of his own blood. Scurrying to his lifeless body, she flipped him over in curiosity. She quickly wished that she hadn't as she saw a bullet hole through the middle of his forehead. She pulled his body close, praying that it was all a dream. She shook his body, and said, "Baby please wake up. You can't leave me like that. I need you." She peppered kisses over his face, before sobbing loudly into his body.

Her body froze as she heard shuffling outside. Looking back into the room, she noticed that Gavin and Josiah were both gone. Grabbing the revolver from the table, she quietly maneuvered out the door. Her eyes bulged from her head, as she saw Gavin's body lying lifeless across the lawn. Running over to him quickly, she stared down at his body, but to her surprise, she didn't feel any remorse.

A smile broke out across her face, as she thought about what his death meant. She was his only living relative. He didn't have a will, and she knew that everything would be given to her. Alicia knew that she was set for the rest of her life. She wouldn't have to rely on a man to take care of her. She could spend what she wanted, whenever she wanted. She chuckled softly as silently thanked him for his own stupidity.

She stopped her observation as she came across Andrea and Josiah scampering away from the scene. She quickly chased after them, and cocked the hammer on the gun, causing them to freeze instantaneously. Andrea had blood pouring down her arm, and Josiah had blood dripping from his wrist.

Josiah could see the anger written on Alicia's face, and stepped in front of Andrea so that she wouldn't get more injured than she already was. Alicia squinted her eyes at the couple before raising the revolver pointed at them. Her hand trembled as tears poured down her cheek before she spoke. "This is all her fault. You just had to be the perfect woman. You had Gavin so wrapped in you, and now both of the men in my life are dead. All because of you."
"Listen I didn't do anything. I was just being friendly, and I have nothing to do with your husband turning into a psychopath, and killing your lover."
"You caused me to lose out on my pure happiness, and I think it's time for you to feel that lost," Alicia said pointing the gun towards Josiah.

The couple froze as Alicia pointed the gun at Josiah. Her arm shook as she held the gun up. Andrea quavered as the wind blew across her wound. Josiah stepped steadily towards Alicia with his hands up in surrender. He put on his best smile, and looked her dead in the eyes. Alicia stepped back in bewilderment, and asked, "What the hell are you doing?"
"Tell me what will make you feel better Alicia."
"Wh--? What are you doing?""
"Tell me what you want. I know that you don't want to do any of this. You just want someone to spoil you and make you feel like a princess everyday. Come with me and let's get out of here. You don't want the police to think that you did any of the things here. If they think that you did then you won't get any of the money from your husband's death," Josiah explained wrapping his arm around the waist of Alicia.

Her body froze as she touched him. She felt tingles over her skin, as he ran his hand over her. Alicia felt herself leaning into his embrace. Lust and joy swam in her eyes as she looked over at Andrea who had a look of pure rage written over her face.

Andrea leaned against the tree as she felt sadness feel her body as she watched her boyfriend fill up a woman who had just threatened to kill him. She watched as Alicia moaned as Josiah pulled her closer to him. She slowly put the gun down, as he whispered sweet things into her ear. His hands swam up her back, and down to her small ass. Alicia bit her lip in arousal.

Growing livider, Andrea rushed Alicia sending her towards the ground. The gun skidded across the ground as Andrea got on top of her. Blow by blow, Andrea punched Alicia. Fearing for her life, Alicia dug her finger into the bullet wound, causing a scream to tear through the air. Pushing Andrea to the ground she sent a punch towards Andrea's lip. Drawing back to send another punch, she froze as she heard the cocking of the gun. Alicia looked up to see the barrel of the gun in her face. She stood quickly before backing away from Josiah. He stepped closer to Andrea and helped her up from the ground. Opening the door to the car, he put her into the car. He gave her the keys, and told her to start the car. As he walked around to the driver's side, he kept the gun pointed at Alicia who was seething with anger. Jumping quickly into the car, he sped off into the darkness of the night.

A/N: Let me know what you guys think. Vote and comment. Thanks for reading. –Toia <3