Chapter 17- Replay

Josiah winced as the attendant sewed the gash across his eyebrow. The attendant chuckled and said, "You and your girlfriend are just magnets to terrible things that cause you two of you to keep coming back here."
"I must say this is the most I have had to be at the hospital in my life," Josiah said with a small grin. He held in a wince as his head began to ache. He couldn't believe everything that had actually conspired in the last couple of days. The pain, the death, and the attempted murder that had surrounded him had truly taken its toll on him.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a loud gasp in the room. Turning around he saw Andrea sitting up in the bed pulling at all of the tubes that were in her body. Jumping off of the bed next to hers, he quickly moved to her so that he could calm her panic. He placed his hands on top of hers so that she couldn't pull out the tubes that were helping her get better. Her beautiful brown eyes locked onto his, and she instantly pulled him closer to her. His chest muffled Andrea's soft sobs. He could feel the moisture of her tears spread across his chest.

Josiah didn't say a word. He only rubbed her back until Andrea was ready to speak herself. Her sobs slowly dissipated, and she sat back in the bed staring at him in confusion. Josiah gave her a winning smile, which caused a smile to cross her face. Reaching for his hand, Andrea was happy to see him. She believed when everything went black; she was never going to be able to see him again. Scanning his face, a frown crossed her face as she saw the fresh stitches on his beautiful face. Before she could ask any questions, the doctor burst into the room, and smiled as he looked at the couple.

Moving over to Andrea, the doctor checked over everything. He looked up at Andrea, and said, "I have to be honest. I didn't think that you would be awake so soon. You suffered a serious blow to the head. It caused a minor crack in your skull. We're going to keep you here for a few days to monitor your vitals."
"A cracked skull?"
"Yes ma'am, but it's not as bad as it could have been. There is a little infection, because some rust got into your cut, and we have to make sure that we clear that up. You lost a lot of blood, so we had to give you a blood transfusion."
"Thank God that we don't have to deal with Alicia's antics anymore," Andrea stated letting out a gust of wind from her lips.

Andrea's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked at Josiah who was staring at the floor. She waited to the doctor finished is observation of her before she inquired about his sudden change in demeanor. The doctor instructed them both to rest up, and he would be back shortly, so that they could move her to a private room. They both nodded and watched the doctor leave the room. The room was silently only for a few seconds before Andrea's eyes darted immediately towards Josiah.

Feeling little under her gaze, Josiah shuffled on his feet. He could feel her eyes boring into his body, and he knew that she wanted answers. Clearing her throat, Andrea asked in a dry voice, "What the hell is going on Josiah?"
"Alicia's not dead."
"What the hell are you talking about? I stabbed her, and we both saw her die right in front of our eyes."
"Yeah, but she didn't die though."
"How the hell isn't she dead?
"I have no clue, but she is here. And so was Detective Monroe."
"Is that how you got those stitches," she asked grabbing his hand pulling him closer to her bedside. Josiah nodded his head before hanging his head in shame.

Placing her finger under his head, Andrea lifted his head. She could see the tears pooling in his eyes. Scooting in the bed, she patted for him to sit next to him. Pulling him closer, she comforted him. Moments passed before Josiah spoke again. He mumbled incoherent words into her chest. Kissing the crown of his head, Andrea moved back, and asked, "What did you say my love?"
"I thought I lost you."
"Baby I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."
"No, but I saw you convulsing in front of me, and there was nothing that I could do to help you. I had to stand by and wait for the doctors and nurses to help you. I felt so helpless. I never thought that Detective Monroe would stoop so low as to try to kill you," he said brushing a stray hair from her face.

Andrea's eyes bulged from their sockets as she looked at Josiah. Confusion spread across her face. She had no clue what Josiah was talking about. Josiah kissed her knuckles in order to calm her rapidly beating heart that was causing the machine next to the bedside to beep speedily. After a few minutes, the machine had calmed along with Andrea. Looking Josiah in his eyes with fear, Andrea asked, "What do you mean Detective Monroe tried to kill me?"
"I saw him go into your room after I left Alicia's room."
"Wait why where you in Alicia's room?"
"I'll come back to that. I was going back to your room, and I saw him headed in the direction of your room. After he entered the room, I pulled my phone out, and recorded because I wasn't sure what he was going to do. What I was expecting him to do is unplug your machine. I'm not sure what machine it was but I just know that you started convulsing shortly after."

"Oh my God. He's just as crazy as his sister."
"Yeah I know. I quickly entered the room, and we got into a tussle. That's how I got this gash across my eyebrow. He was wearing a class ring that cut me open. The hospital security broke the fight up, and Detective Monroe tried to act like I attack him without cause. They had me in handcuffs, but luckily Mr. Correa showed up to save my ass."
"Baby what the hell are we going to do?"
"Honestly I have no clue, but for now sweetheart, we both need some rest," he said kissing her forehead.

Lying back on the bed, Josiah patted his chest. Andrea smiled and instantly laid her head on chest careful not to pull on any of her tubes. Josiah stroked her hair until he heard the soft sound of her snores. He sighed heavily as he thought about what was to come next. He knew that he had to protect Andrea at any cost. He couldn't lose her. Kissing the top of her head, he vowed to do whatever it took to keep her safe. Soon his eyes were to heavy to hold open, and he joined Andrea in peaceful slumber.