Chapter 16- Lucky Justice

Constant beeping filled the hospital room. The cold room was swarmed with the sterile aroma of cleaning products. Soft rain padded down the floor-length window. With a jolt Alicia sat up in bed. Deep breaths passed through her lips as she tried to recollect on what happened. In an attempt to touch her chest she noticed that one of her hands were handcuffed to the side of the bed. Realization resonated in her, as she came to terms that she hadn't been successful in making Andrea fill the same pain that she had endured. Tears filled her eyes as she thought what was to happen to her now. There was no way she was getting out of this.

Panic caused her heart to beat faster, and she couldn't seem to catch her breath. Her hands went up to her aching heart, and tried to grasps the little bit of air that she was able to draw in. The door of her hospital room burst open, and several nurses entered the room. She clutched at her chest, while the women looked over her body. One of the women placed an oxygen mask on her face. Her heart seemed to calm if only momentarily. One nurse instructed her to stay calm, and the doctor would be in to speak to her shortly.

The women exited the room, and Alicia was left only with her thoughts of what she had gotten herself into. Why had she fought so hard for Gavin? He was so obsessed with Andrea, and she had already had something going on with Tyler. More tears flooded her eyes as she thought about Tyler. Her hands went to her stomach waiting for a flutter from her unborn child. Nothing came. Sobs escaped from her chest as she thought about something happening to her first child. While wrapped up in her own world, she didn't hear the unknown person enter the room.

Josiah watched as Alicia cradled her stomach. As bad as the things Alicia had done to Andrea and him, he didn't want anything to happen to her baby. The child was innocent in all of this. Clearing his throat, Josiah caused Alicia to yelp softly. Her hand went up to her bandaged chest, and her eyes seemed to protrude from the sockets. She scooted to the other side of the bed not wanting to be near him. A chuckle passed through his lips, as he observed her. He didn't understand why she wasn't so bold now. She had broke into his home, and assaulted his girlfriend. Andrea still hadn't awoken from the surgery that she had 3 nights ago, and it was all Alicia's fault.

Looking her in the eyes Josiah flatly stated, "The fact that you're alive and breathing is merely a joke. You broke into my house and harmed the woman that I love. How is it that she is barely hanging on, and you are alive and kicking?"
"Dumb luck I suppose."
"Dumb luck? Dumb luck isn't you hitting my girlfriend with the butt of your gun that was rusted. You fractured her fucking skull, and now it is infected because pieces of the rust from your gun got into her wound."
"Well it seems the tables have turned haven't they," she asked with a smirk on her face.

Quickly closing the distance in between them, Josiah leaned over her bed. Turning her oxygen tank to a lower setting, Josiah watched as she struggled to breathe. Her eyes watered as she tried to draw in the little bit of air that he allowed to pass. Leaning closer to her, Josiah coldly said, "You better hope that she wakes up, because if she doesn't she won't be the only one who doesn't make it out of this hospital. Do you understand?" Alicia nodded her head quickly, as the tears spilled over her cheeks. As he turned the oxygen tank back up, Alicia drew in a deep breath, and a cough ripped through her chest. By the time the doctor entered the room Josiah was long gone.

Josiah walked the long hallway towards Andrea's room. He didn't know what his life would be with out her. A sigh of sadness passed through him, as he continued down the lit pathway. Looking up, he saw Detective Monroe enter Andrea's room. Quickly scurrying to the room, he paused only to record whatever Detective Monroe thought that he was going to do to Andrea. His hands ran over the buttons on the machine beside Andrea's bed. Detective Monroe's shoulders shook as he spoke to an unconscious Andrea. He slammed his hands down on the bed, and raised his voice at Andrea for not responding. Turning towards the machines, Detective Monroe did the unthinkable. He snatched the plug out of the wall watching as her body reacted to the change of support.

Unable to stand there and watch anymore, Josiah barged into the room. Detective Monroe jumped back quickly. Before he could fully react Josiah, punched him. Hurrying to the machine, Josiah plugged the machine back into the wall. He quickly pushed the nurse's button, and yelled for someone to come to the room. He watched in horror as Andrea's body convulsed. He grabbed her hand, and prayed for the nurses to hurry. Within seconds the nurses burst into the room, and ushered him away from her. Tears stung at the back of his eyes, as he watched them try to calm her pulsing body.

Detective Monroe watched as the staff attempted to save Andrea's life. He attempted to slip out of the room, but Josiah caught him pushing him against the door. The two men exchanged blows. Shouting filled the room, as the women tried to get the men to get off of one another. The men ignored the women, and continued to hit pound one another. Minutes later security entered the room, and separated the men. Turning to the security guards, Detective Monroe pulled out his badge, and sternly said, "I want this man arrested. He just assaulted and officer of the law."

The men quickly turned to put handcuffs on Josiah. Leaning in so that only Josiah can hear, Detective Monroe proudly said, "I told you that I would have your ass arrested." A smirk spread across Josiah's face, followed by a loud chuckle that ripped through his chest. Detective Monroe made a motion, and the men lead Josiah out of the room. As if on cue, Mr. Correa appeared out of the elevator. He held his hand up to the guards, and asked, "Where are you taking my client?"
"We are taking him to headquarters. He is being charged with assault on an officer of the law."
"Let me guess, the officer is Detective Monroe?"
"Yes sir."
"Where did this assault take place?"
"In room 321."
"So the room of my other client? Why was Detective Monroe in my client's room, when he has strict orders to stay away from my client," Mr. Correa asked looking at the men sternly. The men look amongst themselves, and didn't have an answer. Clearing his throat, Josiah said, "How bout I show you what he was doing in the room?"

Motioning for his pocket, one of the officers took the phone from out of Josiah's pocket. Josiah guided Mr. Correa to where he could find the video. After hitting play, Mr. Correa watched the video of Detective Monroe inside of Andrea's room, and him pulling the plug out of the wall. Rubbing his chin, Mr. Correa pushed passed the officers, and to where Detective Monroe was sitting. Detective Monroe hopped quickly to his feet. Before he could speak, Mr. Correa held his hand up for him to remain silent. Lowering his voice, Mr. Correa said, "You know I have you by the balls now." Confusing crossed the face of Detective Monroe, and his face fell as Mr. Correa turned the phone around so that Detective Monroe could see himself committing a crime.