Bell Test

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Naruto was sitting in his desk beside Sasuke. Both boys decided to keep to themselves. "Today is the Genin Exam. When I call on you, please come to the front of the classroom. Remember, if you fail, think of it as a way to get better next year. First up, Shino Aburame." Iruka said. Shino stood up, silently, and made his way up to the front. "All you have to do is make three clones." Iruka said. Shino nodded. "Bug Clone Jutsu." He said. Three bug clones stood by his side.

Iruka nodded and continued down his list. "Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka said. Naruto stood up from his seat and stood in front of Iruka. "Clone Jutsu." Naruto said. A sickly, pale clone of his stood by his side. "I knew you wouldn't pass! I mean, what would you expect from the dead last?" Kiba said. He howled in laughter with the class. Naruto sighed and looked at Iruka with a blank face. "Shadow Clone Jutsu." Naruto whispered. Four poofs were heard in the class. Two clones stood on each side of Naruto. Iruka dropped his clipboard and stared at Naruto. "D-Did you just say, Shadow Clone Jutsu?" Iruka asked flabbergasted.

Naruto nodded and dispelled his clones. He grabbed a black forehead protector and wrapped it around his forehead. "Y-You're not supposed to do that yet." Iruka muttered. Naruto shrugged and sat back down in his desk.

Iruka cleared his throat and picked up his clipboard. "Um, Ino Yamanaka." He called out. Ino proceeded and passed the exam. "All children who did not pass, please go to the classroom beside this one. Everyone else, stay here." Iruka instructed.

The children who did not pass left with sad faces. Sorrow and tears filled some eyes while determination and spirit filled the others. "I will now announce teams." Iruka said. The class nodded and he proceeded. The other teams were of no interest to the young Uzumaki.

Not until the last four teams were announced. "Team Seven: Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, and Naruto Uzumaki." Iruka said. Naruto sighed and looked at his two teammates. 'One is an obsessed fan girl while the other is a broading, emo, duck butt that he calls a hair style are my two teammates. I must say, this will be very interesting.' Naruto thought.

"Team Eight: Shino Aburame, Hinata Hyuga, and Kiba Inuzuka." Iruka said. 'Hm. With Kiba's and Akamaru's nose, Hinata's byakugan, and Shino's bugs, they will be a great tracker team.' Naruto thought.

"Team 9: Still active." Iruka stated.

"Team 10: Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, and Choji Akimichi." Iruka said. 'The Ino-Shika-Cho formation, eh? Looks like they're trying to repeat history." Naruto thought, slightly amused.

"Everyone is dismissed for lunch for an hour. After, come back here to meet your new Sensei." Iruka said. The new Genin nodded and left. Although, a certain blonde haired twelve year old went to the Hokage's Tower.

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage Tower)

When Naruto walked in, the exact same Jounin were surrounding Lord Third's crystal ball.

"Ah, Naruto. What are you doing here, child?" He asked warmly. "Well, Oji-san, I'm here for the letter." Naruto answered. Hiruzen blinked in surprise. "Today is Thursday, Naruto." Hiruzen said. Naruto nodded. "I am aware of that, although, I have some things I need to discuss with my Sensei. Also, I only have an hour until I am expected back in the academy." He said. Hiruzen sighed and wrote, yet another, letter. He handed it to Naruto. Naruto thanked him and took his leave.

(Location: Uzumaki Forest; Uzumaki Compound)

Naruto opened the door and was greeted with a smell of ramen. He sniffed the air hungrily and walked towards the smell. Gaara and Hiroki were either cooking or setting up the table.