The Next Generation

(Location: Konohagakure; The Academy)

Inari was waiting outside the exam room with Ibiki. "Honestly, what is happening in there." Inari questioned with his arms folded." Most likely a fight. Go ahead, kid. We'll be out there shortly." Ibiki said. "Hai." Inari said. He opened the door and went inside the room. It was quiet as soon as the door opened.

Inari walked out and stood in front of the desk. "Mind telling me what was going on out here?" Inari growled out. When no one spoke up, Jayni bowed before him. "There was a small fight between Konoha and Uzu. We are terribly sorry, Inari-sama." The young Genin said. "Hai, sorry Inari-sama." The Uzu Genin said.

"We did not come here to start any wars, Uzu. What would Naruto say?" Inari asked. The Genin stiffened at the thought. "He would kill us with his training methods." Amelia said frightened. "Exactly." Inari said. Ibiki then walked inside of the room. "Good job, Inari-sama. You did well." Ibiki praised. "Thank you, Ibiki-san." Inari said, nodding his head.

"Listen up, gakis. These are the rules." Ibiki said. Jayni stared at him in boredom. 'We've already learned the rules. What's the point now?' He thought. Inari threw a kunai at him. "Pay attention, Jayni." He said. Semiko chuckled. "You're gonna get it from Naruto-sama and Shino-sensei, Jay." He said. "Shut it, teme." Jayni said. "Dobe." Semiko muttered.

'The next generation, ladies and gentlemen.' Inari thought with an eye roll. The first exam passed by quickly and the Genin that passed moved to the second exam.

(Location: Konohagakure; Hokage's Tower)

"I wonder how everyone is holding up." Yuu said. "How was it when you took that test, Cousin Naruto?" Takeo asked. "I don't know. I slept through most of it." Naruto admitted. Everyone sweat dropped. "Baka." Gaara muttered. Naruto pouted and glared at him. "What about the second exam?" Yuu asked. "I did everything. Sakura and Sasuke protected the scroll while I went to get the Earth scroll." Naruto said.

Takeo growled. "Those good for nothing. I bet they couldn't even last a second in a fight with you." He said. Naruto smiled. "Thank you for that, Cousin Takeo." Naruto said. Takeo smiled at Naruto. "Gaara, the preliminaries should start in five days. It depends on how everyone does." Kakashi said. "The Uzu teams should be done soon." Hiroki said.

Hiroshi crossed his arms. "Yeah right. They will probably take their time." He said. "My team will be their in approximately eight minutes." Shino said. "How do you know?" Yuu asked. "My bugs are tracking them." Shino answered.

Gaara stood in the corner of the room. 'So, Danzo is planning to capture the Tailed Beasts and morph them back into the Ten Tails. I have to warn them.' Gaara thought. "Naruto, Fuu. Come here." Gaara said. "What's up?" Naruto asked. The three walked outside the Hokage's office so they could have some privacy.

"Temari and Kankuro said that Danzo is thinking of capturing the Tailed Beasts." Gaara said. "He does know that we all made an alliance two years ago, right? I mean, we've been training with each other since then." Fuu said. "Yeah. We've all gotten stronger." Naruto said. "They may be true, but he's using Kabuto to help him reanimate the past Jinchuurikis and some of the world's strongest Ninjas." Gaara said.

Fuu's eyes widened. "How did Temari and Kankuro know about this anyway?" Naruto asked. "It seems that Suna has appointed a new Kazekage, Daisuke Murakami. He's originally from Kagegakure, the Village Hidden in the Shadows. It's located in the Land of Earth. He went to the Suna and manipulated Rasa into giving him the Kazekage position. He was, and is, an international criminal. He's been working with Orochimaru and now he's working with Danzo." Gaara said.

Naruto glared at the wall. "When are they planning to attack?" Naruto asked. "A few months from now. They will be attacking every village that hosts a Tailed Beast." Gaara said. "That gives us enough time to warn everyone." Fuu said. "Are you forgetting the Akatsuki?" Naruto asked. "What about them?" Fuu asked.

"The Akatsuki are still after us." Gaara said. "I thought you guys stopped them. I mean, we haven't heard anything from them in awhile." Fuu said. "No. They mysteriously disappeared after Orochimaru attacked." Naruto said. "They only come out of hiding to do bounties." Gaara said. "Isn't Itachi Uchiha apart of it?" Fuu asked.

Naruto and Gaara nodded. "Yeah. We're all surprised he's still alive." They said. "Why do you say that?" Fuu asked. "Considering Sasuke wants to defeat Itachi, he has roamed the Elemental Nations in search of different teachers. He has also made a small team that will help him defeat Itachi." Gaara said. "To be honest, Sasuke has moved up in the world. He is now the strongest Jounin in Konoha. Well, besides Kakashi." Naruto said.

Fuu sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "This is stressful." Fuu said. Naruto kissed her forehead. "We'll set everything straight." He said. "I hope so."

(Time skip)
(Location: Konohagakure; Preliminaries)

The teams that passed the second exam stood in rows. The Uzu teams seemed as energetic as always while the other teams looked exhausted. "That was awesome!" Amelia exclaimed. "I'm hungry." Jayni said, rubbing his grumbling stomach. "Quiet, you two. We're supposed to respectful. Remember what Shiokage-sama and Naruto-sama said." Semiko said.

Jayni gulped. "They don't want us to make fools of ourselves-" He started. "By being loud and energetic." Amelia said. "Good thing you three gakis remember." Hiroki said from his seat. "Or you will have to go through the punishment." Aki and Inari said. They shuddered and stayed quiet. "Because of the large amount of competitors, we will be hosting a preliminary." Kakashi announced.

"My name is Gaara Uzumaki, and I will be your proctor. First match will be Amelia Hertz versus Keri Lance." Gaara said. Amelia stared at her opponent. She looked timid, but Amelia knew not to judge a book by its cover. "You can do it, Lia!" Jayni yelled. "Show that girl who's boss!" Semiko encouraged. Amelia nodded and took a stance. "My name is Amelia Hertz, shinobi of Uzushiogakure. I am apart of Team Nine, also known as Team Shino. You will feel the breeze I create when I blow you away!" Amelia said confidently.

She ran at Keri. Keri yelped and ducked quickly. She jumped away and stared at Amelia fearfully. Amelia blinked at her and then looked at Hiroki. "Shiokage-sama, permission to go all out?" She asked. Hiroki stared at the girl. "You know the rules. Gaara has the final say." Hiroki said. "You may." Gaara said. Amelia smirked at Keri and slowly waved her arms around.

Water followed her moves. "Where is she getting that water?" Keri asked quietly. "Water is everywhere." Hiroki said. Amelia's red hair and eyes turned blue. "My name is Amelia Hertz, protector of water and fire." She said. Amelia started moving faster, her moves were graceful though.

Some of the water took the form of a needle and froze. Amelia sent those needles towards Keri at a blinding speed. Keri screamed in pain. "Forfeit, and you will not endure the pain." Amelia said, her voice echoed as if she was underwater. "I forfeit!" Keri yelled, tears streamed down her face. Amelia stopped and her hair and eyes turned red again.

"Winner, Amelia Hertz! Medics!" Gaara yelled. "I won...... I hope....... Naruto-sama is proud of.....me." Amelia said. She fell forwards out of exhaustion.

"AMELIA!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonlight0628

Words: 1256