Chunin Exams

(Location: Konohagakure; Streets)

Naruto was walking around the village like any other day. Although, he felt something was off. Naruto heard a cry of pain and dashed to it. He saw Sakura, Sasuke, Moegi, Udon, and Konohamaru. A boy a bit older than Naruto held Konohamaru up by his scarf. Naruto caught sight of a familiar red hair. "Kankuro, stop this nonsense. You are an embarrassment to our village." Gaara said.

"G-Gaara." Kankuro started. "Shut up, or I'll kill you." Gaara glared at Kankuro with a heated glare. Kankuro dropped Konohamaru. Naruto made his presence known and walked in front of his friends. "You know, you should've thought of what you've done. That kid you picked up was the grandson of the Third Hokage." Naruto said. Kankuro paled. Gaara stalked towards Naruto. "Gaara, what are you doing?" The blonde, Temari, asked.

Gaara paid no attention to her and stopped in front of Naruto. "Naruto." Gaara said. "Gaara." Naruto said, a grin appearing on his face. He wrapped his arm around Gaara. "You're here early, Gaa-nii." Naruto said. "We made it here earlier than expected." Gaara said. "I'll show you around!" Naruto said energetically. "You're acting like a child." Gaara commented.

"You're the same age as me." Naruto pointed out. "That's true, but I'm a minute older. Making you my otouto." Gaara smirked. Naruto rolled his eyes and pouted. "Naruto, we have to meet with Kakashi-sensei at the bridge." Sakura said. Naruto looked down. "Okay. Bye Gaa-nii, and good luck in the Chunin Exams." Naruto said. "Good luck to you too, otouto." Gaara said. Naruto waved and walked away with his team.

"Gaara, who was that and why did he call you Gaa-nii?" Kankuro asked, hurt that someone took his place as a brother. "That's none of your business. Let's go." Gaara said coldly, his act coming back.

(Location: Konohagakure; Bridge)

"Naruto, why did you call that boy Gaa-nii?" Sakura asked. "And why did he call you otouto?" Sasuke asked. "That's none of your business." Naruto said coldly. 'It's almost time. It's almost time for everyone to see that I am not the dead last.' Naruto thought. Kakashi appeared on the rail. "You're late!" Sakura screeched.

Naruto rubbed his ears. "Sorry. But, I actually have a good reason for being late." Kakashi said. "Enlighten us." Naruto said. "I have nominated you three to participate in the Chunin Exams." Kakashi said. "About time." Naruto mumbled. "Here are the sign up sheets." Kakashi handed the papers to the three Genin. "The exams will be held at the Academy. There, you will turn in your papers. The room will be three zero one." Kakashi.

He disappeared, leaving the three Genin to ponder on their decisions.

(Location: Uzumaki Forest; Uzumaki Compound)

"Tou-san, we are going to the Chunin Exams, right?" Inari asked Hiroki. "That's right, squirt." Hiroki answered. "We will be special guests, considering I am a close friend of the Hokage. I am also stronger than him." Hiroki continued. "Are Naru-nii and Gaara-nii participating?" Inari asked.

Hiroki nodded. "Yes. Considering the number of Genin entering and the fact that Naruto and Gaara are there, there will be a preliminary round." Hiroki said, chuckling about the thought. He fed Choko and gently pet him. "Inari, Naruto found a bunny while in the Land of Waves. He told me to give her to you until you can decide which animal you like." Hiroki said, handing Inari the bunny.

"Naru-nii left her for me?" Inari asked. "Yep." Hiroki said. Inari smiled. "I'm going to name her Moko." Inari said. "Hm. Soft and fluffy. Perfect name for her." Hiroki said.

(Location: The Academy)

Naruto was wearing a dark orange cloak with a hood. His hood was up. He approached his teammates and pulled his hood down. "Hey guys." Naruto greeted. "Why are you wearing that?" Sasuke asked. "Don't worry about it." Naruto answered. "Are you guys ready to go?" Sakura asked. 'Sakura's acting weird. I like her better this way.' Naruto thought.